cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi Network Name Reverts to Default Daily

GregPP1985
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I was asked to use this link by chat support to speak to Tier 2 support.

The wifi network name on my router is reverting to default daily, causing anything connected to the network to lose connection. This has happened since I joined TalkTalk a couple of years ago, previously only happening once a week on average but now happening daily - usually around 1-2am but occasionally more often. Anything connected via ethernet doesn't lose connection and the wifi network password doesn't change. I recently moved house and the same problem is occurring at both houses.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if the replacement router has arrived?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Greg

Thank you 🙂

All done, router is on its way. Please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

GregPP1985
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

I''ve done that now, thanks.

Message 4 of 10

Hi GregPP1985

Thanks for the Private Message 🙂

Please can you also update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi GregPP1985

Please can you send me a Private Message with this address and I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

0 Likes

GregPP1985
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 6 of 10

Hi, yes, that would be great. Is it possible to have it sent to my work address please?REMOVED No problem if not though. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi GregPP1985

Thanks for your reply.

I think we should send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

GregPP1985
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hello, the router is a Huawei, device version DG8041W-2.T5.

The problem isn't connecting to the router, it's that the wifi network name resets at around 1-2am every day. I could re-connect all of my devices to the detault network name but they're all connected to the wifi name that I change it to, so when it resets to the default all of these devices lose connection and I have to login to the router settings and change the wifi name again. We use a baby monitor over wifi so this is a big problem when it resets overnight as it loses connection.

I don't believe the whole router is resetting as the time online doesn't reset, and the wifi password doesn't reset, only the wifi network name.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

Can I just confirm, which router do you have (make and model) Do you mean that between 1-2am everyday that no device will connect at all?

Thanks

0 Likes