cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi keeps dropping!!

JenniferJackson9x
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I work from home, which relies on my broadband connection so I can make calls for my company through WiFi. However my WiFi keeps dropping then coming back on continuously throughout the day and has done since I got Talk Talk WiFi! It's appalling and making me get into trouble at work as it drops the calls as if I've hung up on a customer! Seriously need to sort your services out its disgusting, especially with the price!

I've tried doing a diagnosis test and it says everything is fine...well its clearly not is it?! 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?