cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi

Hooodini
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I can't seem to connect my phone or playstation 5 to the WiFi, my phone just says not able to connect but my ps5 says there's a security error. I've reset the WiFi, phone and ps5. Changed MAC addresses and inputted the correct IP addresses but none have seemed to work.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

The WiFi hub narrows it down to one of two manufacturers and three models in total. Hence why I asked for the make & model number.

Is that all the PS5 tells you, the WiFi hubs support all bar one of the main security modes and the PS5 should support them all. They then negotiate between themselves to find the highest standard that they both support & go with that.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

@KeithFrench wrote:

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What security error does your PS5 say?
3. Have you really been changing MAC addresses & if so, why?

The router is a talk talk WiFi hub and my ps5 says the security method might not be correct (NW-102378-1) and my phone states that changing from a randomised MAC to my phones MAC may fix it but that hasn't worked 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What security error does your PS5 say?
3. Have you really been changing MAC addresses & if so, why?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes