cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

how do i get my router sent to a different address?

leonandchristina
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Bought a new house. Haven't moved in yet. Need the router sent to my old address. The site says Yodel will do it but i don't have a tracking number as it's not been posted yet. Phoned up and asked but was told yodel will phone me... i sincerely doubt yodel will call and the talk talk person they hung up on me while i tried to clarify.

What can i do?

I also wanted to warn the engineer that the current wiring needs a rework as the previous owner left it in a state but i was hung up on before i could mention this. I don't want the engineer to come out, see the mess, and not have what he needs to sort it.

Leon Gregory
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi leonandchristina,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Yeah, please send it to the basingstoke address the mailbox on the wall at the new place will probably result in the box sticking out of it and i don't wanna chance it.

Also, the wiring, will the engineer be able to remove all the extra lines they've spliced in (in a box on the front of the house) and rework it to a single clean line to the master socket? Do they need to be warned? Its just the current wiring is a mess and i expect it will introduce noise on the line as is that will degrade the speed of my internet so really wanna get the wiring sorted. Should basically be cutting all the other lines and joining the incoming line to just the line that goes through the wall to the master socket. 

Leon Gregory
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

OK thanks. I've found the account, the router hasn't been dispatched yet so there's no tracking number. The router box is designed to fit through a letter box, bearing this in mind do you still need it to be delivered to a different address?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Done

Leon Gregory
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

OK thanks, could you add the address of the new house to the private notes section of your community profile

Thanks 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Yeah, It's in my name

Leon Gregory
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Thanks for updating your profile. Could you just confirm that the account is in your name

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Okay profile updated

Leon Gregory
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi leonandchristina,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes