cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

how often (or when) does my ip address change?

norricorp
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Looking at previous posts, it appears my talktalk IP address is not static (with other ISP's it has been). And I have just noticed that an Ip address that I noted back in August is not the my current IP address.
Does IP address change when router is rebooted? Can it occur at other times / other circumstances?
Outside of moving to a business account, can talktalk provide a static address?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

norricorp
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the answer - yes this can be closed.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi norricorp,

I can see that Gondola has answered your question, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

TalkTalk Consumer home broadband does not offer a static IP address. TalkTalk Business does offer a static IP address. 

The IP address is assigned by the TalkTalk Edge router when a new connection is established. On an ADSL connection a router reboot would force a new connection and usually get a new IP address. On VDSL fibre it's normal to have to let the home router session/connection to the DSLAM in the street cabinet end before a new connection to the Edge router may then get a new IP address. So, for these fibre connections you would normally give the home router a 30 minute power down to establish a new session/connection. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution