cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

iPhone drops home wifi connection multiple times a day

Charly134
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

After being with TalkTalk broadband for a year, my iPhone has suddenly started to drop the WiFi connection multiple times a day. It doesn’t do this on other WiFi connections. I spoke to Apple support who couldn’t find any issues so I can only think it’s to do with my router. However other devices at home are fine which is odd. When I turn the router off and on again it’s fine for a few hours then drops connection. It’s driving me mad!!

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Charly134

Ok no problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Charly134
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

Bizarrely I’ve not had the issue today nor all of yesterday! So perhaps I’ll monitor it for a few more days and see what happens.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7

Hi Charly134

Thanks for your reply.

I think we should send a new router, are you happy for me to arrange this?

Debbie

0 Likes

Charly134
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi Debbie,

No the router is on and has been all morning. I have the HG633 router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Charly134

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is the router switched off at the moment as I'm unable to connect to your router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Charly134,

What model of router do you have ?

What exactly does the iPhone do, does it lose its connection to the Wi-Fi network, or does it remain connected to the Wi-Fi, but just can't access the internet ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.