cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

incorrect speed showing from TalkTalk

werkit
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Since I renewed my contract my broadband speed is very poor and below the guaranteed minimum (refund please)If I was getting the speed shown I would owe you money!

SEE ATTATCHMENTS PLEASE

I use openspeedtest.com and now, Sunday at 6pm good down speed and pathetic up speed.

We canstantly loose the broadband connection mon day to saturday afternoon, it is often fleeting with a message on a television screen saying broadband lost then later flashes broadband restored or the screen will go blank for some minutes. So, So very annoying.

Earlier in the year talktalk were offering 65mbps speed and with a bt telephone line (possible for new clients only) Sadly I was in hospial for some months at that  time so couldn't check it out. But the wife will not do without the telephone landline due to elderly relatives, but if you can increase our broadband speed , even at a small cost, and have BT check their pole and cableing to and from it we might have a working broadband like we used to have.

Also our router is showing  4 connections that we do not have how do we get rid of it, they have names we do notuse and speeds we do not get - unfortunatley

Please sort it out we are 1 of your oldest customers but will have to leave

And lastly when I renewed our contract was I unable for the first time not able to pay for the year in advance and get a discount.

Kind Regards

Werkit

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 17-41-22 TalkTalk - Service Status.pngScreenshot 2023-09-24 at 17-41-22 TalkTalk - Service Status.pngScreenshot 2023-09-24 at 17-42-21 TalkTalk - Service Status.pngScreenshot 2023-09-23 at 14-03-06 TalkTalk - Service Status.png
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi werkit,

You can check full fibre availability here - Full Fibre Broadband | FTTP Checker & Provider | TalkTalk

I don't know why the speed is showing so high, line  test is still showing a sync speed of 15.8Mbps. Are you running the speed tests on a device connected to your router by ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Chris just a addon,

this you should laugh at with your speed tester it says  my download speed is

62 Mbps, as expected

Werkit

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Chris,

just 1 phone socket with 1 phone and the router connected.

Your speed test is good for the early time of the day and I get similar after 8pm,

it is lazy Friday afternoon and the speed is 11mbps if it was Mon to Thurs it is always much lower.

Yes we have a television not using streaming, we don't have any kids at home.

Will someone tell me what are 'the other devices and rediclious speeds showing' 2 susies, room tv and a imac (do not have a mac computer) are these stealing speed from me?

And said in my origional message the flash at the top of the television sayion broadband lost, this is sometimes twice a hour all the viewing period.

Finaly can we have 63mbps but keep the landline?

Kind Regards

Werkit

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi werkit,

Line test is passing, router is in sync at 15.8Mbps and connection looks stable. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and one telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

werkit
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Gliwmaeden2, what you see in the screenshots are not my speeds nor my devices, wish we did have such speeds although not so sure about the IMAC shown

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hello Michelle thanks for replies.

Yes I still would like some help please.
At this moment my speed is pretty good, local business's closed for the day ( 4-5 years ago we had a few local firms then along came massive industrial estates, we live in the country on the edge of a small market town in North Yorks)
during the day we often cannot hold a connection, and we do not do gaming and only I actually use the computer.

I want a explanation for the other devices and the speeds showing, as in the attatchments included, our deal is 36mbps, and that is fictitious enough, I don'know the names and don't have a imac with speeds of 48mbps, has been over 60.
Please look at todays addon speed test.
And why do we loose the broadband through the tv.
I know your tests show all is working they always do, but it is not working well enough, we do not receive a correct or efficient service and can we have 63mbps while keeping the landline?
I realy have had enough years of problems and poor, poor service.
You and the others are nice and well meaning but I suspect somewhat toothless.

Werkit

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 19-45-45 Check out my Internet Speed! What.png
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Morning,

How are you getting on, do you still need help with your speeds?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Morning werkit,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, when did you speed first drop? Is your voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@werkit, it looks like your download speeds are actually good, and well above the minimum guaranteed for your package. 

Upload speeds do not come with a guarantee but when staff reach your thread, they'll look into what issues may be affecting this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes