cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

poor wifi connection / lots of rubberbanding in games

DT_Dougie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

So im getting a good signal on my pc where i play games, essentially above the wifi box and ive tried so much to get it working but when i download games i download in b/ps not even kbps (think thats right) but when im in games as well im literally teleporting all over the place the ping is through the roof therefore making it impossible to play.

Thanks for anyone that comes to help 🙂

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi DT_Dougie

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

@DT_Dougie I am merging this topic into your previous one, please complete your community profile as requested by the support team.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hey i know i posted recently about my speeds going down and the signal being dreadful but i think the router is pretty much dead its getting really hot and I've tried to reposition it better away from furniture etc and away from electronics and there's no improvement even when I'm across the room I'm getting a poor signal. I don't know what to do and I don't know how much a replacement router from TalkTalk is. 

(I have the Sagemcom router which is like a big black box with holes in.)

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Hi DT_Dougie

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

It is like any option, it can be enabled or disabled at will. The only difference with this one is that only TalkTalk can do it, not you. Let me know when it is disabled. 

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 14

sure, i wouldnt mind if they disabled it. Would there be any way to put it back on at a later date if needed?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Thanks for that.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Im honestly so blind lol, its the sagemcom one 🙂

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

If you remove the pull-up panel on the rear, you will find a label, which will tell you.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

im honestly not too sure. all i know is that the router has a white light on it and lots of holes. I think it might be the sagemcom one.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Not all network adapters support the 5GHz band. You say that you have the WiFi Hub, but which one, the Sagemcom or the Huawei?

Keith

0 Likes

DT_Dougie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

hey there thanks for the reply, 

thank you for the information and ive tried to put my pc into the 5ghz band before but there wasnt an option in my pc's settings (device management)  The router model is the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub. I dont know if you want the device version too?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith