cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

"An update on your Broadband Contract" email; Translation needed!

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Just received this:

Excerpt from emailExcerpt from email

No idea just what the difference between option 1 and 2 are, except the higher cost of "2" over the Freedom to leave at "1".

There is no mention of the fact that my current contract includes "Free Anytime Calls" for 2 years  (the Broadband side of the contract ends on October 21st, which will be interesting!)

The following notes were made during the contract renewal negotiations in April 2021:

Lost contact when he went to get managers approval for the deal.

I called back and continued the conversation with a lady who said I could be Upgraded to Fibre 65 at no extra cost, including the anytime calls included.
...I could even have the 150 service but that would cost an extra £0.05 per month!
Overkill, opted to have the Fibre 65 service for £22.95 and anytime calls with No price increases at all for the duration of the contract.

The rather odd bit is that the Broadband side of the contract lasts for 18 months, whilst the free anytime calls continues for another 6 months!

Upshot is that I pay an extra £1.50 monthly for another 18 months of Fibre 65 with free anytime calls and no price increases.
Just what happens after 18 months I'm not sure since I will still have free anytime calls for 6 months!!
Crazy!

They are emailing details of the agreed terms, so I'll find out then!

Just for the record, she said that this new contract begins today April 20th 2021

AS ever, TalkTalk never commit to paper anything that has been negotiated over their horrid phone lines leaving you totally at their mercy.

In this current email there is no mention what so ever of the status of my calls package, indeed the calls package is totally absent from the options available!

Can a member of the Team please help clarify just what my options are?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @Steamywee

Its exactly as ferguson has outlined

Option 1 don't renew and base price = £23.95  but when your discounts for calls boost ends you are charged full price. (£16) 

Option 2 call us and new base price is £25 for 24 months, then you can negotiate discounts for longer.

Regards

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

You can renew via live chat, the support team cannot do it for you. 

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Not clear to  me.

You and I have crossed swords over the quality of voice call quality and accented speech before, and I don't intend to revisit that particular snake pit.

Team member clarification needed as previously requested 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Seems clear enough to me. Stay on your current plan at the current price, the Calls Boost offer will expire at the end of the agreed period.  It is always best to contact the loyalty team directly to discuss your renewal options.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes