cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

unable to connect to work VPN while working from home

Suzanne Low
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I have been having the above issue since Wednesday last week, can someone help please, been calling your customer service a few times but still having the same issue.

A lot of people here seem to be having the same issue

Sue

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thank you, will update you once I have set up the new router 

Ledg300
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

I was suffering with this issue so bought a new wifi6 router, set it up last night and bobs your uncle VPN worked a treat. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Suzanne

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 10

Hi Debbie

Yes please do send a new router

suzanne

Message 6 of 10

Hi Suzanne

Apologies for this. I think we should send a different make and model of router.

Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Ok, have you been able to connect to the VPN before when using a mobile hotspot, or have you never tried to connect in that way before ?

Suzanne Low
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi

I am using Sagemcom Wifi router and it is with a serial number SG4K100130

I have done all the updates, couldnt log into work VPN even with hotspot, run of of idea what to do and I need to have this issue fixed urgently for work 😞

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Suzanne Low,

Do you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub ?, if so can you browse to http://192.168.1.1/ and see what 'version' it says near the bottom of the screen, if it says SG4K100130 then your issue may be being caused by that new version of firmware being rolled out to your router.

What VPN software are you using ?

Have you tried connecting to the VPN over mobile data, rather than over your TalkTalk connection, if so does that work ok ?.

If it doesn't work over mobile data either, Microsoft did manage to break the built in Windows VPN for some specific configurations with the January Windows Updates, they have since released a new update to correct that issue, so if you are using the built in Windows VPN it would be worth checking you have the update installed that fixes that issue (some details here)

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes