Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ads being sent to my email account

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
First Timer

Does anyone know how I can stop ads being sent to my emails inbox please?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry no idea but I have the same problem and they are getting on my nerves.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

You need to log into your account and change your marketing preferences.  There are options for phone, email, and post which you need to set according to your preferences. Once you have indicated you don't want marketing emails they should stop.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Saga-2 

Are you asking about the advertising that's shown on the TalkTalk Webmail page as seen on your computer?  One small panel above the list of emails, one larger panel to the right of the Webmail page and one panel below the folder tree view?

For this advertising you can try an ad-blocker extension or add-on for your browser assuming the browser doesn't already have such a feature.

It's a fine balance between having advertising that helps to fund the cost of providing an email service versus paying for an email service.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Saga-2,

Has Gondola's advice answered your question?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

How do you do what Gondola is suggesting ?

Highlighted

Hi,

Just to confirm, are you talking about marketing emails received in your inbox or advertisements appearing on the webmail page?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Chris

Mine is the Advertisements appearing on webmail – that’s if I can ever get on it – webmail is extremely slow to load and takes so long to show my emails or allow me to reply the only thing that works on it are the ads they don’t seem to have a problem loading as they appear straight away.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi JThelp1,

Does it make any difference to the load speed if you use a different browser? How is your internet speed in general, do you experience slow webpages or buffering when streaming?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Chris 

I tried it on Firefox and it did seem to load quicker. Why would IE make it so bad ? My internet speed is really slow but when I run the talktalk check it says it is fine. I have done  clean ups on my laptop in case it was that but my son has quite a new laptop and his is as bad as mine. his PS4 is also really bad.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Saga-2, have you got what you needed to sort this now?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi JThelp1, I use chrome with it adblocker ad on and I'd say the page takes less than a second to load full. Are all you devices connecting via WIFI or are any using an ethernet cable to connect to the router?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady

They are all on wifi - none by ethernet. How do you do the addblocker ?

Thanks

Highlighted

Do a quick Google search for your preferred browser's adblocker and it'll show you how to add/turn it on. I'm wondering too if you could be getting congested WIFI leading to slower loading of the pages. Try the adblocker first and let us know how you get on.