would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Frustration with your support

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES 11
pih2747
Popular Poster

Here is some feedback....I am a long time customer of Talk Talk from the old pipex days, I wanted to change some passwords on my old email dsl.pipex.com domain as since your data leakage I get some seriously nasty phishing emails. First I try to use your the page on my account page, it doesn't work... seems like pipex is so old it has been forgotten about, no matter what option is tried it doesn't work, I even managed to get a message saying "this is not a Talk Talk domain", I had to repeat myself 5 times before someone finally admitted that you have very limited tools to deal with pipex and that things will be better after a migration to something, I was told my only option was to phone and complain. So I accept that, then trying to interact with someone who understands the problem and can fix stuff ends up in a endless circle of wasted time because Talk Talk refuse to interact with customers via email, text or a ticketing system, instead I am stuck in a bizarre loop of missing phone calls (that never happened BTW). The latest wheeze is that apparently I missed a call (I didn't), then I am due another call but unless I had rung up to follow up my complaint then I would not have know this and possibly missed the next call at which point Talk Talk conveniently close the ticket. So Talk Talk please come up with a better way of interacting with your customers when there is a problem so that it takes into account the time constraints of normal lives, it isn't hard or complicated, just customer centric. In the mean time I am less than satified by a long way, and nothing has been fixed.

Community Team

Hi pih2747, I'm sorry you've had a difficult time getting help. I can help get this sorted for you and report on your difficulties too if you can let me know how you made contact when you were told and if livechat who the representative was.

I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to raise the fault ticket.

GillCF
Team Player

I have been doing the same level of complaining about an email address that used to arrive in my inbox without any issue, but now does not appear, despite being sent and not returned. In fact I have complained until I am sick of it, so the link with talktalk is getting very thin indeed. Can someone PLEASE tell me why an email sent from a earthlink email is not turning up in my inbox even if I know it has been sent to me, with the correct email address, and not been returned as an undelivered message ? Countless attempts lost in the ether since talktalk's email update. None of the suggestions to solve from the technical team have made any difference and the last one that said it could help wanted a 5 quid fee to do it. We pay enough as it is. Sort it out talktalk; are you being blocked by earthlink? Is that the problem?

Gill F
pih2747
Popular Poster

The engineer called me, he was helpful enough and has solved the problem as far as it is solveable, though he did not call at the time I was told and I could have easily missed the call. I have now found out that pipex accounts are running on ancient dusty old bit of kit at Talk Talk, they will be brought into the fold at some point but it seems they are at the back of the queue, there is no date for when this might happen. The core issue is not that technology breaks, I know it does, but instead how you choose to interact with your customers, everytime I got someone new then I went through the whole cycle again, what ever case notes were made they were wholly inadequate as I had to repeat myself again and again and again to junior front line staff, with no access to any meaningful tools, knew nothing about pipex, located in a far away call centre, all very polite but ultimately useless. Only when I finally spoke to someone who knew what I was talking about did I make progress, that could have been done much much more easily. It is not the people who are at fault, but the support process Talk Talk have created, it does not work for cases like mine and I suspect many others. Thats all I have to say to be honest, I'm done, the Director of Customer Services can deal with the rest.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @pih2747 

Just popping in to say that OCE_Ady and the TalkTalk Community email support team in the UK will honestly use their best endeavours to fix email issues and are best placed out of the whole of the TalkTalk support structure to do so.

I feel your pain having gone through the offshore experience too many times over the last 3 months.

But do give Ady and his team a chance. The downside to being a UK team is a long UK Bank holiday weekend when the whole team isn't available.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

pih2747
Popular Poster
Seems slightly bizarre that your support people are unable to support your products and can't even point me in the right direction, maybe this forum is the real support location, there seems to be more of a willingness to here, the rest is just call centre hell. So when will the migration to the new email servers be in place for Pipex domains so that my passwords are no longer clear text as they are currently?
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @pih2747 

You don't need to wait for migration to the new TalkTalk Mail platform to use SSL/TLS encryption with Pipex emails. That will secure the message and password between your email client and the TalkTalk server.

What's your email account type IMAP or POP3? The settings are in this article Email settings - IMAP or POP3 but let me know what email client you're using and what account type and I'll try and give you a customised version of the settings.

pih2747
Popular Poster
Thank you for the settings...I managed to configure my phone and it worked, I should be able to work out my other mail clients. I would like to point out that your engineer in Manchester (who was very helpful BTW) told me explicitly that this was not availble, as far as I could tell he was in discussion with your 3rd line team, I took that as being the horses mouth, clearly not.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @pih2747 

Excellent news.  I am totally delighted that you're now using a secure email connection for your dsl.pipex.com domain messages.   

As for the "helpful" engineer in Salford in consultation with other 3rd line support not being able to give you the secure email settings for pipex, I don't know what to say other than "You've not just received help...You have received Gondola's help".

Community Team

Hi pih2747, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know by personal message who it was you spoke to in Salford who advised that we don't have settings for pipex. I'll provide feedback so that they can be given the necessary training. 

Great to see you've been Gondolad.

bigcheesephoto
Conversation Starter

Dear pih2747

Just leave.

If you can.

I moved my e-mail and hosting back in January due to frequent loss of my pipex / talktalk e-mail service.

I've had 9 months of faultless service with my new supplier.

However, finding it impossible to get Talk Talk to close my old account and they never, and I mean NEVER acknowledge any of my contact with them.

oce_Ady here was helpful but this is not the support stream so it's limited what he can do.

Basically come to the community if you want a good old moan but don't expect any resolution to your problems from here, just sticking plasters.

Well, that was my experience as a "legacy" Pipex customer .

PS: I'm still on this community as I can't get support to close my account

Good luck!

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @bigcheesephoto 

TalkTalk support cannot close or delete a customer's mailbox only the customer or the Data Protection Team on a postal application from the customer can action deletion of personal data.

The advice article you need is Access information we hold on you - expand the section on the Right to Erasure and follow the instructions. They'll need to verify you as the registered user so include the phone number and address that were used when the email address was registered to you.

Have you asked the Data Protection Team?