Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reset email password

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

My father has been a TalkTalk subscriber for many years, but is now suffering from Alzheimers and cannot remember how to access his talktalk.net email accounts.

We have access to MyAccount, to which he logs in via his gmail address, but although we can see the 3 talktalk.net email adresses listed, whenever we try to reset the password, it says it will send an email to one of the talktalk.net accounts, which we cannot access.

How do we get out of this circular problem?

Thanks,

Andrew

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @amstick 

Provided the email password has not been reset then a TalkTalk broadband or MailPlus customer that knows the current password can change the email password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail by selecting Change password for any of the mailboxes listed there.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

Password Reset details should have been set up for each email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset.

When you try the Forgotten your Password? option if there's just a single option to send a reset to the mailbox itself then whilst that's good for routine password changes it's no good for password recovery.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify your father as the registered email user and set up Reset details for each mailbox so you can get the password changed.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the registered account holder's full details with the email addresses and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify your father as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to an OCE_ only:

• Email address affected
  • His Full Name
  • His Date of Birth
  • Account details (are you a Nominated user or with Power of Attorney/Authority to Act )
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set passwords via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password for each is ultra-strong and unique to each mailbox.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola - many thanks for your quick and comprehensive response. I have updated my profile and will await contact. My father has previously registered me as someone who can talk on his behalf (we did this by phone a year or so ago).

Regards,

Andrew

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Andrew

That's great.  Just be prepared for a delay. I'm only too aware that we haven't had TalkTalk support for email and webmail for well over a week now.

The UK support team that we can normally rely on for support during weekday office hours has been redeployed to help vulnerable and key workers remain connected to broadband and phone services. That team is now working 7 days a week from early morning to late evening.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I would argue that my 85-year old father with Alzheimers is vulnerable, but I appreciate its a difficult time.

Thanks,

Andrew

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @amstick 

I've escalated this thread calling for support as "Priority escalation. Vulnerable over 80 customer with Alzheimers needs help to stay in touch with family using email."  We will see what happens.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, Gondola.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Amsick, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible. May i ask do you have power of attorney or nominated user setup on your fasters account? The reason for me asking this is that we'll need to do some form of IDV with the account holder or approved person, such as yourself but if thats not already setup on the account we would struggling making changes to the account without such verification. 

I totally appreciate the situation your in trying to get the accounts reset do you can get access and so if this isnt already setup i can escalate this for someone from our team here in Manchester to give you a call to process, this may actually be a quicker and less stressful channel for you to use? 

To avoid any further delay, im going to ask that someone contact you on the mobile number you've saved in your profile to help get this resolved for you. 

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Stephen

Grateful thanks for picking this up and offering an ideal solution.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks Stephen - I was contacted and have access to one account out of the 3 so far - i am being patient with the rest, but am being helped by someone at TT.

Andrew

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi amstick 

Keep in touch to let us know of your experience.