Need help?

Your account has been blocked because of suspicious activity on it

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

@OCE_Chris

The error/problem:

"Your account has been blocked because of suspicious activity on it

Login is disabled email error message"

I only use my old tiscali email occasionally and I use an email client to access it.

Recently (after 4 Oct 2019) I (re)encountered a problem with tiscali email service.

"Can't connect to the account ... xxx@tiscali.co.uk" problems were recurring over the last few years and were self-fixing usually after few days.

This time the problem persisted so I decided to attempt to login in talktalk website few days ago only to discover the "Your account has been blocked because of suspicious activity on it".

"Reset your password" procedure does not get past the first step ( Enter your email address )

How can I reset/change the password?

I tried to change the password for a long time but due it having no talktalk account it's rather difficult.

Thanks,

German

P.S. The email address that I have a problem with is not the same as the one attached to this community profile.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Old Tiscali email user 

The TalkTalk system has blocked access to your mailbox because it's possible that the password has been discovered. 

A mailbox password change is required.  Your ability to make that password change depends on having set up Reset details - an alternative email address and or a mobile 'phone number to receive a reset link or code.

Please do try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't there or are not accessible by you  then let me know and I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread and Community Private Message you to verify the registered email user details:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

Do you know how the password may have been compromised?  If not then scan your devices to check for viruses and malware and remove if found before creating any new password. Advice about passwords is in getsafeonline.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted

Unfortunately the password reset functionality does not work for me, it does not get pass the first step.

It may be because I never set any recovery options in a first place, I don't remember.

Thanks,

German

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Old Tiscali email user 

I've alerted the TalkTalk team for you. They'll set up Reset details so you can recover full access to the tiscali mailbox.

When you do sign in to the TalkTalk Mail platform you'll see that Update your reset details is an option on the main menu so that you can keep the details current.

Menu options - Update your reset details

The Forgotten your password? link is on the sign in panel for TalkTalk Mail (webmail).  In your case the TalkTalk managed email address ends in @Tiscali.co.uk

New TalkTalk Apps Sign in.png

If you know the email password and just wish to change it on a regular basis then you can select the Forgotten your password? link and have the reset sent to the email account.

But if you cannot access the email account then having the reset sent to the alternative email address or mobile 'phone number will be the only way to Reset the account access password. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Old Tiscali email user, it looks like Gondola's got you sorted. If you need more help please let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not the case.

I specified an email address I have a problem with in a private message and that email address is still blocked.

A "reset password" functionality is not working for me either (for both blocked and non-blocked email addresses).