cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Access emails from iPhone on GiffGaff network

redstamp
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I am trying to set-up my iPhone (iOS 12) to access my TalkTalk emails and I am on GiffGaff.

I have tried the webmail browser login and that works fine, so I know the username and password are correct.  I then follow the Set-up as per instructions on this site (ie incoming = mail.talktalk.net and outgoing = smtp.talktalk.net), and the account won't save as it says the username and password are incorrect...

I found an old post on GiffGaff Community pages (from 2012) saying that setting should be imap.talktalk.net and tried that too, but same issue.  The post also suggested that the outgoing mail server needed to be smtp.o2.co.uk and you needed to register for that separately.

I cannot find any way to register on the O2 smtp server but incoming doesn't even work anyway.

Please can someone advise.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi redstamp, how long ago did you leave TalkTalk and when did it stop working on mail clients?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

When you leave Talktalk, your email address is still accessible via webmail but that too will come to an end unless you have actually signed up for Mail Plus.

If you have paid for it, you would have noticed at the time, @redstamp but check what's going on via My Account.

How Mail Plus works:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-TalkTalk-Mail-Plus/ta-p/2374203

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

redstamp
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Si it seems this is less about the iPhone or GiffGaff network now too.  I cannot access using IMAP or POP settings at all (tried Vodafone & WiFi.  Also tried an Android phone - all with same issue.  Android suggests IMAP not activated.  Webmail works fine.

Is there a setting to activate IMAP?

If I am no longer with TalkTalk for broadband, how do I know if I have subscribed for TalkTalk Email Plus?  Although I presume this wouldn't work on webmail either is that was the issue?

0 Likes