cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

emails to Talktalk bouncing

ETBrown
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

For a long time, friends have been telling me that sometimes their emails to my Talktalk account bounce back. When is Talktalk ever going to become reliable?

I also have emails to my Gmail account get automatically forwarded to my Talktalk account. I see that many of these forwarded emails also bounce back, and recently all of them are. Talktalk is presumably rejecting them due to excessive volume from a single address. How can I at least fix this?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi ETBrown, thanks for posting to let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ETBrown
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Chris. Thanks for following up. No, I'm not experiencing the problem any more -- but only because I turned off my Gmail mail forwarding to TalkTalk (because they were all bouncing). I think Talktalk rejects emails if they get too many from the same address, thinking it's spam.

Message 3 of 6

Hi ETBrown,

Apologies for the delay. Could you let me know if you are still experiencing this issue

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

ETBrown
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi. Thanks for your quick reply. The longstanding occasional problem with respect to friend senders getting blocked applies to various types of email services they use.  My more acute, recent problem involving my emails getting forwarded from my Gmail account applies only to that specific Gmail account. That's the immediate focus.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi ETBrown,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your email service. Is it just email from gmail account that appear to be not getting through at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes