cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sluggish response in Apps

MrHappy126
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi I have an iPhone and the Apps feel sluggish to respond when connected to Broadband in my House, a friend who also has TalkTalk Broadband, phone and apps work fine, just wondering if you can do a line test / check the router is update to date and any suggestions. I have rebooted the broadband box, iphone, Reset the Network settings in the iPhone, Just wondering what to try next.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Thats great, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MrHappy126
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle

Turned the broadband off for 35 minutes, just turned it back on.

As normal after a reboot, things are currently speedy.

voice service Dial Tone, can receive a phone call.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest again please as this will reset the current session.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MrHappy126
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi, Michelle, Thanks for the quick response.

I don't use the voice service that much, just used the phone, I do get a dial tone ,
I do hear a slight noise on the line, you could hold a conversation and not notice it that much ☹️,
but it's not a perfectly clear line.

Happy to do more tests if needed.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your post. I've run a test on the line now which is clear for the broadband connection and the stats look ok, but the voice line test has detected a potential fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes