cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email complaint

danny0367
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I’d like to raise a complaint regarding not being able to add a 3rd email address to my account.

i contacted live chat, spoke to them but i’m not happy with the response.

when accessing my account online and followed manage my email, there has been a message there for at least a week that due to backend maintenance, adding/deleting emails has been removed. When trying via apps.talktalk.co.uk doesnt allow and errors are popped up..

what is shocking to me is the service status dashboard is showing ‘no issues with email’

please can someone get back to me urgently when normal service will be resumed, ie, when i can add a 3rd email address to my account

Thankd

1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi Danny

Just to say that if you wish to make a formal complaint then follow the Complaints procedure for which there's a link at the foot of this page.

Also, the message in the Customer MyAccount about withdrawal of the Create and Delete functions was placed in July 2023 at the start of the project to migrate active mailboxes to the new Cloud platform. The migration was carried out in batches over a period of time.  Keeping the mailbox database unchanged for the duration would have made it easier to keep track of progress.

We don't have a date published for the return of the Create and Delete functions. The original message intimated that the functions might return in September 2023. The project continued well past that date. There's also a possibility that if the Create function was returned it may also be chargeable for new customers or new addresses. i.e. Free email as part of the broadband package may not be the norm in the future. BT/EE and Virgin Media no longer offer email to new customers and other ISP's have ceased to provide email at all.  

There are plenty of alternate paid for email services and free email is still available from Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution