cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Account password not recognised

grandude
Team Player
Private Message
Private Message

Message 6 of 6

This has happened to me as well, but with the slight difference that my mobile is not connected to my account, so I can only keep going around in a circle.

Can someone please explain why this has suddenly happened and how to resolve it.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Good to know you have changed the mailbox password. Are you sure your password was not compromised? If it was compromised then there are additional checks you should carry out.

Do please set up password recovery Reset details. If your mailbox is migrated to the new look Mail platform then via the User avatar / icon top right you'll find the menu item Update your reset details. That will allow you to set an active alternative email address and mobile phone number to use for password recovery in the future.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6

I could not log into my account which was part of the proble.

I have now managed to reset my password.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

So you've been locked out of your mailbox because either the system has reset the password for security because of suspicious activity like a hacker getting access or a hacker has discovered your password and changed the password. But you have failed to set up password recovery so that route is not available to you.

From your home broadband connection, have you signed in to your customer MyAccount to the Manage email (Mailbox) section and elected to change the mailbox password from there?

0 Likes

grandude
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Password has not bveen given to anyone. It has also not been forgotten, as it is held in a password manager, and has not been changed. Any request for a reset goes to the email address that I cannot receive.

What I would like to do is to log into my account. Simple as that.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

What has happened exactly? Given away your password to a hacker and they've locked you out. Or just forgotten your password and don't have an alternate email address set up for password recovery?

What circular route are you traversing? i.e. what are you trying to achieve?

0 Likes