cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to access email except by loging into TalkTalk mail

NoService1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Six days ago I began getting a message on my phone and laptop that my login credentials for my (normally constantly logged-in) TalkTalk mail account were incorrect, although they were.

I reset my password and everything was OK for three days, but now the same situation has occurred, although I am able to log into TalkTalk mail directly on the main site using my existing credentials.

Would like to stop this happening - any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Have done as directed to both devices and they are functioning correctly at present. Many thanks for your assistance.

Message 2 of 8

The devices and operating systems are good. So you just need to make sure the Incoming and Outgoing server settings are good.

The Windows Mail Sync options must look exactly as shown below:

Windows Mail : IMAPWindows Mail : IMAP

The OPPO Reno server settings should be:

Incoming server settings

Username: The full tiscali email address

Password: The current tiscali email password

Server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Security type: SSL/TLS

Outgoing server settings

Require sign in: ON

Username: The full tiscali email address

Password: The current tiscali email password

SMTP Server: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Security type: STARTTLS

Let us know when you have successfully corrected those settings. If you have any difficulty then just remove the email account from the device and set it up afresh but using the above settings and the current password that you are using with webmail. NB The password must be unique to the email account and not used by you elsewhere, a minimum of 8 characters, although I recommend 12 - 15 characters because 8 isn't strong enough, using multicase letters and at least one number and one symbol. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 8

Just now also found myself unable to log into webmail with my existing (yet recently changed) password. Have reset it and now have webmail access again plus email access from my phone and laptop when using the new password.

It looks as though I can continue to use this account only so long as I reset my password every few days! There must be as reason for this.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Have tried to set them to those that you indicate. However, the outgoing setting states "Couldn't open connection to server" while the incoming states "Username or password incorrect".

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Those settings are no longer valid. You need to be using the settings in the Email Settings help article. If you need more help please let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 8

Yes, if I change the password it allows me to access my mails via my phone and laptop for a few days then states that my password is incorrect.

I use an Oppo Reno 10 5G running their ColorOS 13.1/Android 13 and an HP Pavilion laptop using Windows Mail version 16005.14326.21624.0.

I don’t seem to be able to access my mail account settings on the laptop due to it not accepting my password, but on my phone they are:

Incoming:

Server – imap.tiscali.co.uk

Port – 993

Security – SSL/TLS

Outgoing:

SMTP server – smtp.tiscali.co.uk

Port – 587

Security – STARTTLS

Hope that this is of some use. Many thanks for your interest.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I think you're indicating that your tiscali.co.uk mailbox has been limited to webmail only access.  Is that correct?

The reason is for security. What email software have you been using and on what device? What's the Operating system version and the email software version?

Take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing mail server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your tiscali.co.uk email address and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area. I'll take a look and advise.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution