cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Sending emails via Outlook for Android

Lyons1
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 4

For a few weeks now I am trying to send emails from Outlook on my Android Mobile phone, but they do not send/ I am able to Receive outlook messages on my Android Mobile phone, and can send/receive Talktalk emails on my Desktop Computer and Android Mobile phone.

I contacted Talktalk a few weeks ago, and I was informed that i is a problem that was known about, and that the issue is with Android and Apple Mobiles. 

A few week ago, Talktalk said that the problem would be solved soon, but it it is still not solved..

Can someone from Talktalk inform me to when this issue will be sorted/solved, Thanks, Paul

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Lyons1, may I suggest that you clean out your emails. You're very close to your maximum limit of storage used.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

And whilst I've been waiting for you to respond I've downloaded and set up Outlook for Android using the following setup process:

Setting up Outlook on Android for Mobile

• Add Account
  • Enter the email address
    Select IMAP
    Enter the password
    Tap the eye icon to make sure the password is correct
  • Select Advanced Settings
  • IMAP Incoming Email Server: mail.talktalk.net
    Port: 993
    Security type: SSL/TLS
    IMAP Password: The email password same as before
  • SMTP Outgoing Email Server: smtp.talktalk.net
    Port: 587
    Security type: StartTls
    SMTP Password: The email password same as before
  • Select the tick icon top right
    Outlook will log in to the mailbox and you'll see an Inbox of mail messages

So having set that up and carried out a test of sending to a TalkTalk Mail address and a Yahoo Mail address that works perfectly.

My mobile 'phone is Android 11 and the Outlook for Mobile build is 4.2340.2

Therefore, right now I cannot replicate your report. So, let us know what device you're using and what the Android version and Outlook versions are.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi Lyons1 

What email domain is it that you are sending from using the TalkTalk mail servers?

There have been previous issues with early versions of Outlook for Mobile not working as expected with TalkTalk Mail but my understanding is that the issue was fixed by Microsoft with software updates. I've not retested since finding that the issue was fixed last year if I recall.

What I'd like you to do is to download from PlayStore the BlueMail email app. Set that up by simply entering your email address and password as that email app will set up an IMAP secure email account automatically.

Then test the receiving and sending and let me know the outcome.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes