cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Account verification not working

phillida
Chatterbox
Private Message
Private Message

Message 10 of 10

Hi Ady, 

I am having the same problem.  Since 27th January I have not been able to get emails on my Android tablet. I am unable to set up a new account, it states the username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account. Check your email account settings on the web, then try again. I can log onto webmail.  Please could you check to see if my account has full function.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 10

Hi Phillida, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 10

I don't mind what settings I use.  I would just like the email working.  I have tried IMAP, IMAP server mail.talktalk.net, SSL, port 993, SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net, TLS, port 587.  Please could you get full access restored as soon as possible

Message 4 of 10

I don't mind what settings I use.  I would just like the email working.  I have tried IMAP, IMAP server mail.talktalk.net, SSL, port 993, SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net, TLS, port 587.  Please could you get full access restored as soon as possible

Message 5 of 10

What incoming port setting are you hoping to use?

Message 6 of 10

No it is not set to either of those port numbers.  I tried following the settings but it came up with the same error message.  Please can you request TalkTalk restore full access as soon as possible.  Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

The device is capable of supporting secure mail.

Follow the guide to check the settings on your device. Is the incoming server port number set to 110 or 143? If so it's not set for secure mail.

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

Thanks for your message.  The model of tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) SM-T580.  Android Version is 8.1.0 and it is Samsung Email.  No other devices are accessing the email.  I have not received any messages about updating server settings.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Looks like your email mailbox has been limited to webmail only access because of continued use of insecure settings. Have you received a notification from TalkTalk about updating the server settings?

TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

What model of Android tablet is it and what is the operating system and email software in use? Asking so a check can be made of compatibility. And are you using any other devices or methods to connect to the mailbox? All, other than webmail that is secure by design using an up to date browser, must use secure settings.

If secure settings are in place I can request TalkTalk restore full access and that'll happen next week.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

In the meantime use webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device