cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

All sent emails from before the 22/06 disappeared

SteveH31
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi there, 

I'm writing today as all of my sent emails have disappeared from before the above date. My inbox and everything else is ok, just sent emails. 

The only 2 ways I log into my emails is via the webmail on the browser, or by the mail app on Iphone. This has been the same for years and have never had this problem before.

Can someone please advise me on how I can get these back as it is very important for my business. 

Just to clarify, I can see my sent emails back to the 22/06/2023 but nothing before. They are not on webmail or the mail app on Iphone. I have also checked all folders.

I look forward to hearing a solution.

Kind regards

Steve

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Steve, there's nothing I can do for you with missing mail. We have no tools for your mailbox and no backup for mailboxes. If you've not accidentally moved the mail to a different folder or turned on an old device that used to collect mail for this mailbox then I'm afraid it's gone. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to pick up this topic. Put your email address in your Community profile > My Settings > Personal Information > Scroll down to Private Notes, enter the email address and then hit Save Changes.

There is no process for TalkTalk to delete older content in the Sent objects folder. Even if there was a mailbox failure TalkTalk don't offer a backup service so the best that might be offered is to repair the mailbox to see if that recovers from unexpected corruption. TalkTalk always advise users to make their own regular backups in case of unexpected failures.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

SteveH31
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Gondola,

thanks for your reply. As previously noted, I have checked all folders and sub folders, they are not there. I haven’t deleted them either, they have vanished. 

How can emails just randomly disappear and then no resolution? Nothing has changed in the way I use my email and I haven’t deleted anything. Can a ticket be raised to investigate this?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

TalkTalk don't delete mail messages from the Sent objects folder and don't offer a backup service to recover 'lost' mail messages. Do check all online folders and sub folders. Sub folders are indicated by an inwards facing arrowhead that you can select to show the sub-folder(s).

If you'd inadvertently deleted any messages then they'd be moved to the online Trash folder for 30 days before system deletion.

If you are synchronising the online folders by using an IMAP email account on the iPhone then the Sent folder should be synchronised to the online Sent objects folder. Deleting mail messages from the iPhone may move those to a local Bin / Deleted folder.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution