cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Blocked access to email on ipad

coazz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I was with TalkTalk until a year ago now with Shell Broadband.

I have been blocked access to my @talktalk.net email for security settings. My @Tiscali.co.uk email with the correct settings is ok. All my email accounts can be viewed on the webmail.

How can I regain access to the email account on Ipad?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi coazz, I've added that mailbox to the list of those to be restored. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

coazz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Ady.  The email address I'm having problems with is the same but *********@ talktalk.net

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi coazz, the email address in your profile has full access. Is there another mailbox that you need help with?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 7

I've requested access be restored. That'll happen next week. TalkTalk Support will respond here.

If you've successfully identified and corrected the iPad SSL setting then the iPad password and email will re-authenticate as soon as it is able to connect to the server.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

coazz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

I have the Ipad 9th generation.

I'm pretty sure I had all settings correct after the first TalkTalk security email.  But the smtp ssl was off - maybe after an ipados update. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Good to know that webmail is working OK. TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

What model iPad is it?  Are secure mail settings in place?

Make sure SSL is on, and there's password authentication. Incoming port 993 for IMAP secure and outgoing port 587. Incoming server host name is mail.talktalk.net outgoing is smtp.talktalk.net but the device will only authenticate a connection when TalkTalk Support restore IMAP access for you.

All devices must use secure access so do say if you have any other ways of connecting to your mailbox as all must use secure incoming and outgoing server settings.

The guide to setting up and checking connection settings is given below.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution