cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can Talk Talk Please remove device restrictions from e-mail account

Kipper23
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

I have legacy e-mail accounts from ukgateway.net that I now pay for through Talk Talk Mail Plus. I have an issue that others seem to have and it seems the answer is to raise a specific thread (this one) to request the issue to be resolved.

My wife uses one of the ukgateway e-mail addresses on the Talk Talk Mail Plus account and she received a few e-mails from TalkTalk asking her to change the security settings on the e-mail account in her devices. She ignored it, thinking it may be a scam, but it seems that Talk Talk has now placed restrictions on her e-mail account and she can only use it via WebMail.

She has now changed the security settings on all her devices as requested. Could talk talk now please remove the restrictions on her account?

Thank you.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Excellent news.

Grateful thanks for letting us both know that you're back in action. Much appreciated.

[Had a problem with the hijacker toddben offering misleading information - now moved on]

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 11

Ady, that is all fully resolved now. Thanks so much for your help!

Message 3 of 11

Gondola, that is all fully resolved now. Thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated!

Message 4 of 11

You're very welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 11

Brilliant! That's great Aly, thank you very much.

Message 6 of 11

Hi Kipper23, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 11

That’s great, thank you!

Message 8 of 11

The guidance on the webmail app page only gives generic IMAP settings and the connection security options may not work for all devices although all TalkTalk Mail addresses should use the talktalk.net server host name.

It does depend on the phone and the email app on the phone on how the connection security options are described.

The content guide below is a little clearer for most Android phones.

Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

Kipper23
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Thank you so much for the response. I've added the e-mail address to private notes. 

I wouldn't say I'm totally confident with the settings, but we do have the settings that the webmail app provides when clicking on 'connect a device'. My own e-mail addresses  were not affected, but my wife's android phone had no TLS or SSL selected when I checked it, I think that's probably what what triggered it. 

She has deleted the account from her phone now. We will set it up again with the recommended settings when the account is restored. Interestingly, my phone e-mail accounts are running fine on a Tiscali.co.uk host name (which is what my wife's did have) but the recommended settings says to use a talktalk.co.uk host name.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I've requested that full access is restored for the email address mailbox in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then ask the user to use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Are you confident that you/she need no help with checking the services / devices / email software for compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and the incoming and outgoing server settings in use? Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit device or software that got a stop on sending or your mailbox access switched off because ports 25 or 110 or 143 were used?