cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot get Vertical Layout back - the option will not save

JudyT
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Until a few months ago, I had a lovely layout with three panes - Folders, Email list, Content of selected email. How do I get back to that please?

Now, my emails show with the list of folders on the left, and the list of emails on the right. The only way I can get to read an email is to double-click it, which opens it in another window.

In Hamburger Menu > Settings > Mail there are three options - Vertical / Horizontal / List. I can select them and they show a blue outline, but if I click anything else on the page that goes away. The layout will not change. There is no save button.

How do I set Vertical Layout and make it remember.

I have tried to do this in both Firefox and Edge. Neither works.

EDIT: If I look at the cogwheel settings drop down, that shows that the vertical layout is actually selected. If I change it to one of the other layouts, those do take effect, but teh vertical layout still only shows the full list of emails with no open email on the right.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 115610 TalkRTalk Settings.jpeg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Hi JudyT 

How are you getting on?

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi JudyT 

I cannot replicate the issue either in Edge or Chrome. I find it's best to use the Settings cog icon and select the Layout from there as you can see the changes being made. You do have to select an email from the central List view to make it appear in the right hand Detail view.

Layout : VerticalLayout : Vertical

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes