cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot login to my email

Gizmo1981
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

When logging in,  I get an error stating User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001)

Help!?

:edit:

Now it lets me in,  It should be reproducible though..  

go to talktalk's website and use the hyperlink to log in,  It will give that same error so I think maybe the main website isn't linking to the new mailbox?

Playing GT5 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife with my Chrome Enzo Ferrari 😉
5 REPLIES 5

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

I've alerted the email team to this issue. I'll update you as and when I hear back.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi theid 

Tell us what device, operating system and browser version you're using. And specifically, what do you do and see when you get a fail for 5% of the time you use TalkTalk Mail webmail? What Internet security software are you using and is there any active ad-blaocking?

95% success does mean it's difficult tracking down what happens for that other 5%.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

theid
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Not good that this only happens sporadically however - whichever system you are using if it works 95% of the time the problem is with Talktalk, not us.

theid

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Just to follow up, I've been testing and see that Firefox loads the default OX Mail sign in for legacy domains whereas Chrome and Edge load up the customised TalkTalk Mail sign in.

So if you continue to have issues and are using Firefox then try Chrome or Edge for the time being. Cookies must be saved and retained.

EDIT

Further testing shows me that I have Firefox running with AdBlocker Ultimate and that is what prevents the display of the customised TalkTalk login. Disabling that particular Ad-blocker and the expected TalkTalk login appears. So, there's a further conflict that I will investigate.

With Chrome I use the Ghostery Ad-blocker and it doesn't matter whether that is present or not as the expected TalkTalk login appears.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Good to know that you can sign in successfully.

The sign in via the TalkTalk website and Community links to that same webpage via all of the links including the old legacy links for webmail that some users may have bookmarked. I recommend clearing cache and cookies just to remove any persistent out of date cookies or corrupt cookies / page content.

0 Likes