cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot receive emails from one particular organisation but they are able to reply successfully to em

bagpuss4
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Unable to receive emails from one particular organisation although I successfully receive replies to emails I have sent to them ??

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

I explained in my reply that the charity will be using a different mail service to send personal replies versus normal mailings e.g. newsletters.

For example, if the charity was Disability Rights UK then that has a domain disabilityrightsuk.org and sends replies to messages via Microsoft senders and other bulk mail via the SparkPost mail service. SparkPost do use suppression lists. If your mailbox had a problem even temporarily in receiving mail via the SparkPost senders then SparkPost automatially add your email address to a suppression list that means even if the originator sends messages to you via SparkPost those messages do not get sent to your mailbox.

Do let us know what the email admins report and if they've been successful in removing your email address from a suppression list then you'll get their messages once more.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Thank you. The organisation is a national charity that supports diasbled people including my son. I will try and find out if I am on a suppression list but if that was the case, I am surprised they can reply to my emails.Thanks again for taking time to reply. I am 77 and a total technophobe😆

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Suggests that the organisation in question uses a different mail service for different purposes. Not unusual. 

Also suggests that TalkTalk is not blocking mail to your mailbox. Have you asked the organisation to check via their email admins and the admins of the mail sending service if necessary that your email address is not on a suppression list? If a commercial mail sending service cannot deliver mail for any reason then that service can put your address on a suppression list that means the service will send no more mail to your email address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution