cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Messages from a gmail account not being received

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

A friend has sent me messages from her gmail account to my Lineone email that have not been received. She has also sent messages from an NTLWorld email and a Virginmedia email all of which were received  successfully. I have checked the spam folder and in fact all folders but no sign of the missing Gmail messages. The same messages were also sent to a Yahoo account I have and all were received their successfully. My friend's Gmail account is in my address book. So it seems that TalkTalk are filtering out messages from this particular Gmail account for some reason. Please investigate. I can provide the email addresses via a PM when you come to investigate. Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Hi Ady.

I'm puzzled that you can only scan your logs by email address and not look at a specific time window. I've never heard of a log file without time stamps. Anyhow, no matter because I asked my friend to send another gmail message today and it was received OK 😀.

So thank you very much for fixing the problem. It would have been nice to have been told you had. I would be curious to know what the issue was.

Regards

Jim

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi I've passed the headers onto the team and asked for their thoughts. Re the scan you're asking for the impossible. I have the ability to scan for incoming and outgoing mail by address and up to 7 days. I can't target a time let alone minute in that window. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi Ady.

You seem to have gone very quiet about this and haven't answered my question about what mechanisms there are for rejecting messages before the point at which your scan logs are made. It's been about a week and this problem still hasn't been resolved. Also you've not responded to the message header information and other diagnositc information of the messages that went to my Yahoo account but didn't arrive in my lineone inbox I sent you via PM. At least I would like you to look into the scan log again but narrow your search down to the exact second (+/- 2) in which the 3 test messages were sent (as identified in the header information and I identified for you) to double check that they aren't there.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

So at what point does this log get made and what mechanisms are there for rejecting messages before this point? Is there some sort of TalkTalk bulk spam filter before the messages hit your MTA which is where I'm guessing that your 7 day scan logs are taken. My friend sent me messages from her Gmail account on 22/01/2024 that were received at 10:22:50, 10:24:29 and 10:26:44 by my Yahoo account but not on my lineone account. She also sent an email from her NTLWorld account that was received by both my lineone and yahoo accounts with the received time of 10:23:34.

If the 7 day scan logs haven't identified where the messages are failing, what is the next step to identifying why the messages from this Gmail account aren't arriving? It is quite important to me that I still receive messages from this lady when she gives up her two Virgin Media accounts and only has Gmail.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

The 7 day scan is a check for accepted/rejected mail from or to a mail address for the last 7 days. Due to the massive amount of data to search any longer can corrupt the search. I've run the scan and found no accepted or rejected mail from the address you provided. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Jim_lineone
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Ady.

I've done that. What's a 7 day scan? Do I need my friend to send me more messages over the next 7 days or are you looking back over the last 7 days. I can tell you the approximate times of some of the messages she has sent me that haven't arrived if that helps.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Jim_lineone, please send those email addresses via Private Message and I'll happily run the 7 day scan for you.

Ady