cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lineone email acting weird again

Kilonova
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

My Lineone email account has been acting weird again, and it is causing me problems.

Problem 1. 
I received a letter from my bank in the regular post earlier this month (whilst I was away on holiday) with the subject line "We're having trouble reaching you by email".  It continues "You may remember asking to go "paperless".  This means we'll let you know by email whenever you have a statement to view online for your current account ending in XXXX (numbers replaced).  However, a recent email we sent couldn't reach you for some reason.  We've included some troubleshooting information below, which will hopefully allow future emails from us to get through".  The letter then suggests checking that my mailbox is not full and that my ISP is not treating my bank as a source of spam.  It concludes with "Once this issue with your email address has been sorted out, we'll then be able to go back to emailing you when your statements are ready to view.  Until then, if you have any overdraft charges, we'll keep you updated by post, and you can view your statements online anytime you want".

I assume that Lineone went offline for a period of time.  Please can you investgate.  The date on the letter was 22nd April.

Problem 2.

I am on the mailing list for a monthly newsletter of a local voluntary organisation.  The last issued newsletter, sent out last week, never arrived in my Lineone mailbox (and nor did it arrive in my wife's Lineone mailbox).  I checked with the originator, and my wife and I are the only recipients using Lineone email addresses.  The other 150 other recipients seem to have received the  newsletter successfully.  The originator says that they didn't received any "undeliverable" error messages, and so it seems that Lineone has just silently disposed of it.  Possibly it decided it was spam?  Unfortunately I have no way of checking as it never reached my inbox and I have no visibility or control of Lineone spam filters.  The originator sends the newsletter using xxxx@protonmail.com.  Please can you investigate?

Problem 3

This one is almost trivial, but it illustrates a problem with Lineone.  I tried to enter an official "Walkers Crisps" competition this morning, and as part of this I had to register my email address and wait for a verification email in my inbox.  As you may have guessed, nothing arrived in my Lineone mailbox, even though I tried a couple of times.  So then I switched to one of my other email addresses (xxxx@sky.com), and it came through instantly to that mailbox.  So again, I think Lineone is silently deleting the incoming email.   The verification email came from xxxx@@okta.com.  Please can you investigate.  

The above 3 recent issues may just be the tip of the iceberg.  I have no idea how many other incoming emails from legitimate sources are being silently deleted by Lineone.   Please can you investigate, and let me know if Lineone is experiencing any stability problems.

many thanks

KiloNova

Kilonova
(Two neutron stars walk into a bar, and then realise the gravity of the situation... 🙂 )
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

OK Ady.  I'll let you know when I am aware of any new problems with my Lineone email account.   Thanks for your support.  KiloNova

Kilonova
(Two neutron stars walk into a bar, and then realise the gravity of the situation... 🙂 )
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Let me know as soon as you get word of any issue and we'll have the email team investigate further. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Ady

Thanks for your follow up.  I am not aware of any issues currently.  The problem seems to surface for a while and then disappear.  Unfortunately, this kind of intermittent problem is the worst kind of problem to resolve.  It means that I simply have to wait for someone to chase me up or contact me by other means before I am even aware I am missing any incoming emails to my Lineone account. So for now I am blissfully unaware of any problems....

KiloNova

Kilonova
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Are you still getting issue with undelivered emails and are the senders definitely not surpressing your email address?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Ady

Thanks again for your reply.

Regarding Problems 1 & 2, it looks like it remains unsolved why some incoming emails to my Lineone account go missing.  But the information I have provided is accurate.  The issue only affects emails sent to my Lineone account, because when the same email is sent to other email accounts it is received successfully and promptly.  

Regarding Problem 3, I think this is as I had assumed.  As I wrote when I raised this case: "I assume that Lineone went offline for a period of time".   I can see that I am receiving emails from my bank once again, but I certainly didn't receive the email that they sent on 22 April 2024, which must have resulted in their receiving an error message from the Lineone email server and triggered their letter to me.

In summary, it seems that you cannot provide any insight on the cause of these issues.  This makes me wary of relying upon Lineone for incoming emails, even though I pay an regular fee to Talktalk for this service.

Kilonova
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Kilonova, the scan only covers the last 7 days I'm afraid. Its a guide as to whether we've received the mail and or bounced/deferred it.

I can tell you though that we have and are receiving mails from that nationwide email address.

Ady

0 Likes

Kilonova
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi Ady

Thank you for your quick response.  I am not clear what your scans demonstrate or imply.  Are you saying that the Lineone email server has definitely not received any emails from these 2 email domains in the past 7 days?   I can also give you the email domain of my bank, in case you are able to scan on 22 Apr to see if the Lineone server has any record of an email from my bank being rejected/deleted:  The email address is:  no-reply@communications.nationwide.co.uk.   The problems I have described are real, and I have a letter from my bank confirming this.  I am not experiencing these problems with my other email accounts.  If you are saying that the Lineone email server has no knowledge of any of these emails, and therefore cannot be at fault, then this raises a new concern.  

I appreciate your support and comments.

KiloNova

Kilonova
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Kilonova, I've run 7 days scans on  your email address, the protonmail and okta mail address. I'm seeing no deferred or rejected mail in those searches. 

Ady

0 Likes