cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Changing passwords

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 46 of 46

I need to change the password on one of my email addresses but the link does not arrive. Can someone at Talk Talk change this for me? Maurice

45 REPLIES 45

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 46

Was not going to say this but this has been handled so badly I changed my mind.

Your intervention is nor very helpful when customer support is required..

"Hopefully tomorrow"?? and what is the reason for your involvement/interference Gliwmaeden2, which may also be delaying resolution?

I have been with Tiscali then Talk Talk for a very long time and I am now paying for a service that I was not receiving.

I am rather unwell at this time, surely I deserved better Customer Care than I received..

There should have been a better way to get this sorted.
0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 46

For the Record Adi

Even though I made it clear at the start of advising of my problem with jandm-  etc i.e.- NO access - when I regained access there were 24 Talk Talk messages, all advising the link I had requested !!
I have not been served well.
0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 46

WOW - the choice to send a code to my phone has appeared and it seems that I have recovered my email account. Thanks Ady - that was hard work!!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 46

Thanks Maurice. I've submitted the Password Reset Tool be updated for this mailbox. If you check intermittently on the tool you'll see when the changes complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 46

Gondola - know all that, done all that many times.

I don't get the option to send to a mobile number.

0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 46

jandm- etc

OK Ady?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 46

Hi Maurice, which of the email addresses did you want the password resetting for? I only had 1 address in your profile when I sent off the request? Am I to take it that's not the address you need the password reset updating for? If not which one of the 3 now in private notes do you want the details updating for?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 46

Maurice, it's not Ady that has to send the reset code to your mobile it's you.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password is what you need. Select the link and that will take you to the help article and a scroll down and you'll see the blue button - selecting the button will take you on the password recovery journey. 

Enter the email address you're trying to get access to and then select the mobile number to send your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 46

Gondola, I have three email addresses (2 active) all starting slightly differently - I will leave another Private Note

Andy, re Gondola's message, can you try that?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 46

Ady said he used the mobile number given in your Community profile so why not get a reset code sent to that mobile if you don't recognise the email address from the hint given?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 46

I have tried repeatedly but no link received. This must be something simple, need to know for sure which email address it is being sent to.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 46

It looks like the correct settings are in place in the Password Reset Tool.  Have you tried resetting your password. 

Ady

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 46

Perhaps but I just rechecked and the record is there, it is the email address that you are both contacting me on. I'm not too well at this time so not thinking as clearly as I should maybe.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 46

Did you see the instructions I gave you in an earlier post yesterday, @Mo7777777 ?

You maybe missed SAVE CHANGES?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 46

Thanks Ady - now done again.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 46

The best way is to add it to your community profile in the private notes section. Click on your avatar, go to my settings then personal information scroll to the bottom of that page and you'll see Private Notes add all the information that needs to be shared with only TalkTalk staff in there.

Ady

0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 46

Oh Ady, I have given the alternative email address several times. Remind me how to do it again.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 46

Hi Maurice, I've raised the request for the Password Reset Tool to be updated. You haven't provided an alternate mail address so I've used the mobile number in your profile.  This will complete within 24 hours and you can check to see if its done at Password Reset Tool

Ady

0 Likes

Message 19 of 46

@Mo7777777, you are delaying the progress of the thread.

Better to wait, despite the frustration. 

It will be quicker in the end. Staff won't be on here at this stage of the afternoon  - it's not fulltime cover. Hopefully tomorrow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 46

Woops, that's me told off (again) - this started before 31st October so you might understand why I am unhappy. )-: )-:

0 Likes