cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Changing passwords

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 46 of 46

I need to change the password on one of my email addresses but the link does not arrive. Can someone at Talk Talk change this for me? Maurice

45 REPLIES 45

Message 41 of 46

There are no staff on here at weekends, @Mo7777777.

The only contact is with Talktalk via 03451 720088, their Chat or Facebook etc facilities. You won't get support over the phone on Sunday, and support closes at 6pm on Saturdays. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 42 of 46

Hi Gondola

When will I be contacted? - I need help now

Maurice

0 Likes

Message 43 of 46

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

For a compromised mailbox I'd always suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

Use the new password to access via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages. Hackers set up or modify Filter rules to spy on your emails.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
    (Unmigrated mailboxes - use a triple line icon and if using a Mobile browser - use the desktop version)
  • Select All settings... or Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select Mail
    (Unmigrated mailboxes - select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel and select Filter rules)
  • Scroll down to Rules
    If you see There is no rule defined then you need go no further.
  • Select the Chevron icon > to expand the Rules section and to delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon (Dustbin icon   ) to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Mo7777777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 46

Can we start again.

For one of my accounts the promised link to reset my password does not arrive.

Maurice

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 46

Best to check and set up a mobile phone number for password recovery. Check the password recovery options by signing in to your webmail mailbox if you can.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the current password, select Sign in.

Via the user avatar top right you'll see the menu item Update your reset details. Check the details are current and correct and add the mobile number there and save.

Then use the Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password for the password reset. 

Then you can send either your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

If you cannot sign in or need extra help then come back and let us know.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution