cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Difference between IMAP and POP server?

DyRT60
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I am the default on Thunderbird and have an IMAP server whilst my husband's email is a POP server. Is this a problem?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I'm using Thunderbird. It looks like Talk Talk have admitted a problem with tiscali mail users. However, I have changed everthing to taltalk.net and all seems to work ok now.

Thanks for the help

Message 2 of 6

Hi kenpragnell, as Gondola has suggested you'll be using the wrong email settings. You can check you are using the correct email settings in the Email Settings help article?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 6

What email client are you using and what server host names? If you haven't made any changes for a long time then does that mean you're using the legacy server host names?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

kenpragnell
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I have not made any changes to my account settings for a long time.  I've checked the port numbers and they are as suggested below.

Nevertheless, I have been unable to send/receive any e-mails via Thunderbird all day.  I can still access them via WebMail.

Thunderbird was happily accessing my tiscali.co.uk e-mails late yesterday evening.

I hope your engineers are still working on the problem, as it has not been solved for me.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

TalkTalk Mail supports both IMAP4 and POP3 protocols.  The only difference in the recommended email client settings is the secure port number.

IMAP4 incoming server for ALL TalkTalk Mail domains

mail.talktalk.net using SSL/TLS connection security on the IMAP secure port 993

POP3 incoming server for ALL TalkTalk Mail domains

mail.talktalk.net using SSL/TLS connection security on the secure POP3 port 995

SMTP outgoing server for ALL TalkTalk Mail domains

smtp.talktalk.net using StartTLS connection security on port 587

Authentication is with the Full email address as Username and normal email password

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution