cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email access lost via iOS

CarolWithEmailProblems
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 28 of 28

Dear Ady-TalkTalk

I am having exactly the same issues, I explained everything on a long Chat yesterday to no avail and we got cut off.  I just emailed your wider team with all the details and they did not help, just directed me here.

Please can you add me to your restore list to give me full access to my emails while I am using the embedded Apple IOS Mail application on my iPad and iPhone.

Here is a copy of that email - please can you help resolve this for me.

Dear Talktalk

Following the email you sent me on the 16th Feb 2023, copy attached, I have been unable to access my email in my Apple IOS email application on my iPad and iPhone 8 (both running the latest IOS 16 software). Both are using the encrypted SSL settings but I can not receive any emails on the Apple App. I can only see them using your talktalk webmail page that I am using now.

I have read on line, on your community forum, that you, at talktalk, have to reset something at your end to allow full access and the emails to be sent through and accessed via the Apple Mail App and not limited to webmail only access.

Please see this link for further details: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/Email-account-will-not-verify-in-Apple-Mail-app/td-p/29605...

I spent hours on a chat with Jennifer yesterday checking all the settings to no avail, the chat crashed before we had completed and resolved the task, I can not start that again which is why I write to you today in the hope that you can resolve this issue.

I attach screenshots of my iPhone with all the populated fields as detailed in your set-up guide and the chat yesterday.

I need your expert help and would really appreciate your prompt attention and resolution of this important matter.

Kind Regards
Carol

Thank you
Carol xx
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Thank you Ady

I will give it a go tomorrow in the hope that normal service has resumed. 

Do I have to do anything special or just long in to my Apple IOS Mail App and refresh?

Thank you
Carol xx

Message 22 of 28

Hi CarolWithEmailProblems, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 23 of 28

Great response thank you Gondola - you really are a Star!

I look forward to full access next week.

Have a fantastic weekend 🙂

Thank you
Carol xx

Message 24 of 28

PS don't forget to update your Community profile.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address needing attention

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 25 of 28

The settings shown are spot on perfect. You'll have no problem connecting and getting the password authenticated as soon as TalkTalk Support switch IMAP access on for your mailbox.

Heads up that because there is normally no weekend support by the TalkTalk Support team that work with us it'll be next week before you receive a TalkTalk response and then a couple of days wait for the request to be actioned. But rest assured that the request is in and you should be back in action in the first half of next week. 

Until then use TalkTalk Mail webmail. There are some current issues of poor responsiveness using webmail but webmail is essentially up and running.

Message 26 of 28

Thank you for the super fast response - I should have come here first 🙂
I am sure that all the settings and passwords are correct, I just need the access restored to my email account and it should all start working correctly on the Apple IOS mail app.

To be on the safe side here are some pictures of the mail settings, please confirm they are as expected. (that was hard work uploading the pictures, the done button was obscured by the position buttons? After a lot of clicking, here they are!)

Thank you
Carol xx
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 28

Hi Carol

Using SSL ON and secure mail port settings should work OK for iOS16. So I've asked that full access is restored for the mailbox email address that you must add to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there - master mailbox address if using an alias address)

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Are you confident that no help is necessary checking services / devices / email software for the correct incoming and outgoing server settings in use? Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit device or software that got mailbox access switched off because ports 25 (SMTP) or 110 (POP) or 143 (IMAP) were used?