cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

MS outlook 2016 unable to connect to mail server

andy-2023
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

MS outlook is unable to connect to mail server on my talktalk account, I can access my mails through web mail.

I have tried to I have tried to enter all new connection settings  using current IMAP settings and port numbers but still get no connection.

could any body help

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're very welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

andy-2023
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Ady-

yester day I opened outlook 2016 on my wife's desk top and it connected fine, where it wouldn't connect last week.

made a note of settings

incoming server (IMAP) = 993 SSL

outgoing server (SMTP) = 587 TSL

this seems now to be working fine.

all three email addresses are opening and synching fine on this PC.

I will try my desk top with same settings later and see if it works ok. hoping it will, as it has clean install of windows 11 and outlook 2016.

thanks for you help and will get back to you if I have any problems

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

If you add all the affected email addresses to private notes in your community profile I'll check them all against the limited list.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

andy-2023
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Ady,

Yes that is the mailbox I am having trouble with. I have just tried with another PC at work which has MS outlook 2013

i set up a new account with my email address, it wouldn't connect automatically so i went to manual settings and entered the following

account type = IMAP

incoming mail = mail.talktalk.net

outgoing mail = smtp.talktalk.net

incoming server (IMAP) = 993  Encryption TLS  

outgoing mail server (SMTP) =587 Encryption TLS

this also failed to connect.

I also have another two email addresses linked to my account and both these are unable to connect with MS Outlook 2016 on my home computer

I think the problem arose because I failed to update settings when required with the security updates 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi andy-2023, the mailbox in your community profile has full unrestricted access. Is that the mailbox you're having trouble with?

Ady