cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email access

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

I left Talktalk a while back as they could not provide me with fibre to the house where others could. I have since lost access to my email via Outlook (on desktop) and on my iphone.

I have tried to talk to someone from Talkltalk and politely, she had no idea what I was talking about. She advised me that the talktalk.net domain is being dumped and if I wanted to keep it I need a new domain to interact with talktalk and pay for Mail plus to also retain my old talktalk.net address.

I was advised previously by talktalk to check my app settings which i did and yet I have still lost access of emails.

I can only access my emails via webmail which is not much use. We have four email addresses on the account and one still works!!!

Can anyone advise if it is as simple as paying for Mail plus and access to emails will return on all devices  or is this something where access is only via webmail??

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi SteveF11, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 24

Ady

My daughter's email is now in my private notes. 

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 24

Thank You. All done!

Message 4 of 24

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 24

Ady

Sorry I do not know where and how to add anything to my Community Private Notes. Can you assist.

Just to answer Gondolas question, my daughter has advised  me that she can sign into her account via webmail via her account.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi SteveF11, there are no mailboxes list in private notes and the one you registered on here with has full access. Please let me know when you've added the mailbox. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 24

Don't worry about the incoming server host name. The server certificate is for mail.talktalk.net but also listed on the certificate, as an alternative name, is imap.talktalk.net and that's there because some email apps automatically set up an IMAP email account with the imap prefix.

When you say it does not work in webmail I assume that's because you're looking at it as an added secondary email account and it's currently displaying the message "Email account disabled due to invalid credentials". That will be the case for accounts that have IMAP access removed. So this confirms that TalkTalk have not yet restored IMAP access for your daughter's email address.

I'll push a reminder into Ady's workflow. Can you put a note against your daughter's email address in your Community profile private notes please.

So, to check the account is working in webmail you need to sign out of the primary account and sign in to her account as a stand-alone webmail sign in. Then it'll work.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your daughter's full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

When access gets restored, it's possible that the 'disabled' message will still be present top centre of screen when signed in to TalkTalk Mail to the primary email account.  Using a desktop browser you'll see the following in the Accounts settings:

Error - Email account disabled due to invalid credentials

• Select the main settings menu triple line icon top right header
  • Select Settings from the menu
  • Select Accounts in the left side panel
  • Select Edit for the relevant account
    You'll see an Edit window
  • Scroll down and just re-enter the password for the incoming / outgoing server
  • Select the Save button
  • The account will be back in action as a secondary added account

Message 8 of 24

Yes it was one of the three emails . It is my daughters and she has only just told me it has never worked since they were supposed to sorted. I went into my webmail settings and check the details and all seem ok but using imap and not mail but when charged still got an error. Does not work on webmail, iPhone and desktop.  Account in webmail says disabled 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Is it one of the three that were scheduled to have access restored? Was it working until now on Outlook and iPhone? What's the error message? And presumably does work on send and receive using webmail?

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 24

Sorry but it seems I have one account that still has issues accessing. Can anyone assist?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Thanks for confirming its working normally again.

Ady

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 24

Ady

All up and running.

Big thanks to you and Gondola, excellent service provided. I thought this was going to be a nightmare and email access lost after discussing this with talktalk via the phoneline!

Top people! Enjoy your weekend.

Message 13 of 24

Hi SteveF11, it should  be working now. I've had confirmation that they've all be restored.

Ady

Message 14 of 24

Try later on Friday afternoon. I saw that there were no staff today to action the mailbox by mailbox restore to full access.

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 24

Ady

Sorry but do you know when this will be reinstated?

Message 16 of 24

You're very welcome.

Ady

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 24

Ady

Many thanks indeed.

Message 18 of 24

Hi SteveF11, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full working order. 

Ady

Message 19 of 24

Good questions.

If Ady is online tomorrow that's when I expect this topic to be picked up. The request is in the workflow. Restored IMAP access would normally happen within 24 hours of Ady authorising it but first he'll need to verify some personal details with you. 

mail.talktalk.net is good for both IMAP and POP3 access and imap.talktalk.net is also good as both are on the security certificate. No need to change the host names. If you do you'll probably need to accept a new security certificate. Just leave as mail.talktalk.net is my advice and smtp.talktalk.net for the outgoing SMTP server.

Usually customers are advised of MailPlus when leaving TalkTalk and definitely advised in advance of deletion.

The future of TalkTalk Mail will inevitably be discussed by management. Other major ISP's like Sky, Virgin Media and BT no longer offer new customers an email service. TalkTalk full fibre customers aren't currently offered email as part of the broadband package.

Customer service staff often say TalkTalk mail domains are ceasing because it's required to register for a new customer MyAccount using a non-TalkTalk domain. An existing former customer address would be linked to a former MyAccount so not available. Or, to a MailPlus MyAccount. Addresses can be migrated from old to new MyAccount but only after the go live stage in broadband activation.

SteveF11
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 24

Many thanks indeed. When will I see this all back up and running? Also my IMAP incoming server was changed to mail.talktalk.net  as advised a while back by talktalk, so does this need to revert back to IMAP.talktalk.net?

You are certain talktalk will notify me on when to join Mail Plus prior to being cut off and losing important emails? Also, can you confirm that what Iwas told on the phone about the talktalk.net domain being dumped is incorrect or that I have nothing to worry about. 

0 Likes