email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email blocking

laurence3
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

As of this morning I've been unable to access my companies website or email via outlook.

I've spoken with the web hosts (TSO) and they say everything is fine at their end.

When I connect my PC via a mobile hotspot i'm able to access the website and my email which leads me to believe there is an issue with TalkTalk blocking something, maybe an IP?

Everything has been working fine until this morning, could you please advise, it's a matter of some urgency as I need to access my emails.

Thanks!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi laurence3, please do post back and let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 12

I'll see if I can get any more info out of TSO,

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi laurence3 

I don't know why TSO would permanently block a whole group of IP addresses on their firewall. But given that they have and aren't suggesting it is a temporary block then that leaves you to find a workaround.

TalkTalk Consumer home broadband doesn't offer a static public IP address option.

The classic workaround would be to use a VPN host because that will give you a static IP address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 12

Yea, 

So I think what's happening is my IP is being blocked by TSO host for the following reason...

"From what I can see a whole range of IPs related to 88.106.110.0/13 were denied on the firewall of the server. Most probably this was done due to the connections from those IP were causing issues or load on the shared server."

They can white list my IP but it looks like every time I restart my router I get assigned a new IP because they're dynamic IPs?

This wouldn't be much of an issue except i'm having to restart my router about once a week as my internet connection seems to sporadically vanish and the only way to get it back is with a restart.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi laurence3, are you still having the same problem? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi laurence

I'm not aware of any major incidents reported on either TalkTalk Service Status or TSO Service Status. That doesn't mean there's not a local connectivity issue.

You could try a Service Centre check.

Message 7 of 12

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem again 😞 

Cant access website or email.

Are you aware of TSO reporting any issues that might affect things?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi laurence3, Gondola's advice is always great. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Message 9 of 12

Hi laurence3 

You may need to save your wanted mail messages that aren't on the TSO server, delete the mail account from Outlook, exit Outlook, relaunch Outlook and reinstate the mail account.  This is to remove any data corruption that's occurred and force the entry of secure SSL/TLS settings for the TSO host servers, a password entry and certificate check.

The POP3 email settings for TSO hosts:

Account Type  POP3
Username username@domain
Password cPanel password
POP3 mail server host mail3.gridhost.co.uk
Incoming Port 995
Incoming Encryption Type SSL/TLS
Authentication method Normal Password
SMTP mail server host mail3.gridhost.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Encryption Type SSL/TLS
Authentication method Normal Password
My outgoing SMTP server requires authentication Yes

Message 10 of 12

Thanks for getting back to me, the TSO link says the matter is fully resolved and whilst i'm now able to access my website I still can't access my emails.

The outlook error is "receiving reported error (0x80042108) : outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) email server"

Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @laurence3 

TSO Status reports an issue today with Webfusion emails. So as your report coincides with TSO reporting an issue I thought I'd ask before looking at troubleshooting here.

You could test the standard workaround of using a different DNS setting in the router.

Try the secure Quad9 DNS: Primary 9.9.9.9 and Secondary 149.112.112.112 or Google DNS: Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.4.4 (or a combination of Quad9 as Primary and Google as Secondary)

To change the DNS settings in your router, follow these steps:

• On a device connected to the router
    Open a Web browser, type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar
  • Tap Enter/Return
  • Enter the username and password and click OK
    Note: The default username is admin (all in lower case).
    The router password is printed on the label on the back of the router.
  • HG633 router password - top of the label
  • DSL-3782 router password - middle of the label to the left of the bar-code
  • Sagemcom FAST 5364 router password - under the pull-up wireless password card on the label directly above the S/N barcode.

For the HG633 router

• Select Internet (top blue bar)
  • Select Internet Connection and then the grey Edit button
  • Scroll down and tick the Static DNS box
  • Enter the preferred Primary DNS numbers 9.9.9.9
    Enter the Secondary DNS numbers 8.8.8.8
  • Click the Save button
  • Scroll up and click Logout (grey button top right)

For the DSL-3782 router

• In the Web browser address bar, type http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/New_GUI/Dns.asp
  • Tap Enter/Return
  • Tick 'Use the following DNS Server Address'
  • Enter the preferred (Primary) and alternate (Secondary) DNS addresses
  • Click the Save button

For the Sagemcom FAST 5364 router

• From the Dashboard
  • Select See internet settings
  • Select Manage advanced settings
  • Select the Internet Connectivity icon
  • Select IPv4
  • In the DNS drop-down box select Manually Specify DNS
    DNS1 enter the Primary DNS
    DNS2 enter the Secondary DNS
  • Click the Apply button

If you subsequently choose to return to the TalkTalk DNS the numbers are 79.79.79.79 and 79.79.79.80

Here is the TalkTalk advice and router setup needed to restore TalkTalk DNS Third Party DNS (Click here)