cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email client problems

davep
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

I am getting a message:  "Host contacted  sending login information" in my and my wife's Thunderbird client at bottom of page.

Also get pop up "

Sending of password for user xxxxxxxxxxxx@tiscali.co.uk did not succeed. Mail server mail.talktalk.net responded: [SYS/TEMP] Temporary authentication failure. [proxy-1:2023-10-09 09:39:53]"

Not sure why this happened or what it means.  I've put password in again but still not working.

TT web mail is working.

Internet dropped out earlier - ~09.00 , but mail has worked up until 30 min ago.  Can't see other email problems in community.  Have closed and re-opened T/B, still same.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 39

I use Thunderbird & it was fine from later yesterday afternoon.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 39

It was OK early this morning however we are now back to a very slow intermitant service

David
0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

@Ady-TalkTalk @KeithFrench  @walle1j  @PipexUser60 @Genduba 

I had to log in to Thunderbird accounts this morning before any email came in.  Will report back later.

The message about this thread came in after log in.  Came through to wife's ipad and my iphone.  Is there something peculiar about Thunderbird?  Hopefully others might reply to let us know their situation.

Learning point:  A statement yesterday about the problem would have saved many peoples concerns.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

Hi all, there was an incident yesterday afternoon. Your mail should be working normally again now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

walle1j
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 39

I'm also having the same issue since about 10:30am this morning.  I believe that the Talktalk server that kicks emails out to outlook is the problem.  I spoke to the unhelpful help desk this morning and didnt get a resolution.  This is affecting Email settings to access TalkTalk emails 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

my mail is up and down randomly.  I've turned on a TV and can't get catch up, so maybe something else wrong.  Internet ok on laptop, but maybe not on iphone.  Maybe should wait for OCE to respond?

0 Likes

PipexUser60
Participant
Private Message
Message 27 of 39

I have also had the temporary authentication failure message when using my Apple Mail client. I have been unable to connect for the last 3 hours.

I am also unable to login to my TalkTalk account - I just get the message 'Sorry - for technical or security reasons we cannot log you in. Please refresh and try again.'  However I can get into webmail.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

gone again just now

0 Likes

Genduba
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 39

I am having issues too with outlook and gmail clients. Unable to send or receive. Webmail Ok. Both imap and pop3 affected

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

thanks Keith.  As someone down the thread said it seems to be working now.  I've just got 8 notifications in my T/B mail client.  At least it wasn't just me!  Hopefully cleared for everyone else.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 39

I have had similar problems too. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you. From my point of view the problem is with talktalk.net to talktalk.net emails only, there was an issue with this last week.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 32 of 39

Oops, Thanks

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 39

Same here, I wish they would get it sorted, the problems are goung on forever !!

David
0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

Removed your email address from public display, @TrevorAtNo16.

Please NEVER display any personal information on the open forum. The place for specifying your affected email address is in Private Notes  at the end of Personal Information in your forum profile. Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 39

Seems to be working again now, however very slowly as I edit this post.  Clearly an issue somewhere.

Andy L

0 Likes

TrevorAtNo16
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 36 of 39

Hi,
I am getting problems with Mailwasher and Thunderbird email clients

Thunderbird gave this error:
Sending of password for user XXXXXXX@Homecall.co.uk did not succeed. Mail server mail.talktalk.net responded: [SYS/TEMP] Temporary authentication failure. [proxy-20:2023-10-09 10:12:33]

Mailwasher gave this error:

"Failed to log into POP3 server"

This appears to be a repeat of the error that occurred on 1/9/23

Please can somebody from the support team get this issue resolved?

Regards,

Trevor

0 Likes

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 39

Same here. "Temporary authentication failure" reported by Thunderbird for my lineone.net and tiscali.co.uk email addresses.  Gmail app on Android also fails to connect to those addresses.

Andy L

0 Likes

Nick2D
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 39

Morning Dave.

Just to reassure you that you are not alone. My phone and PC are reporting connection issues to the e-mail server, the last connection being 09:55. Webmail seems fine where new emails received after that time are showing but no emails received to my phone or PC.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes