cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email graphics don't work on MacOS Ventura (13.6.9)

steveHG
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hello. Apols if this has been covered before. My wife has finally upgraded her iMac to run Macos Ventura (13.6.9) from the unsupported Catalina (10.15.1). I don't she can upgrade to a later version. As a result of doing thihs she has lost access to any graphics, text etc that previously would appear in TalkTalk mail messages. This problem doesn't seem to affect affect my (slightly more recent) Sonoma (14.6) Mac Mini although I do seem to remember having this problem myself in the past. Is ther anything she can do (other than buying another machine!)? Please don't tell me this is all Apple's fault and there is nothing that be done on TalkTalk!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks for the update Steve

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Many thanks for this Chris. Yes, the suggested fix in the link does allow the full message to appear! I was a little nervous that you are being advised to disable your privacy settings in order to achieve this, but will try it for a while. I noticed that this has been already disabled on my later version of MacOS (which works). We now have the same versions of security on our two machines, so hopefully now resolved (at least until the next update!). Thanks again. Steve 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the clarification. It does sound like an issue with the settings. It tried googling the error message and found this, so it seems as though it is an issue other people have experienced - Your network preferences prevent content … - Apple Community

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thanks. I'm not keen to provide screen shots of individual emails for obvious reasons but will try to describe the problem better. Since  upgrading to a later version of MacOS on her iMac, rather than receiving entire emails on the Apple app, my wife now receives a partial version with any images and accompanying text hidden in a tiny central "box" in the middle of the message. There is a message at the top (which I missed at first) saying "Your network preferences prevent content from loading privately". There is also a button at the top right saying "Load Content Directly" which when clicked loads the images etc correctly. The problem seems to only exist with this particular version of MacOS and only (it seems) with this app. Other mail apps (e.g. Gmail) work correctly as does the web version of mail (very hard to read these days being full of ads), and indeed any other web applications, search results etc. Apple's only suggestion was to remove her security altogether and rely on their in-built firewall (where the problem seems to disappear) - Hmm!  My slightly later version of Mac and MacOS has exactly the same security and privacy settings (DNS Proxy etc) and doesn't have this problem.                       You could argue that I'm worrying about nothing and just live with the inconvenience (and we probably will), but it does seem a bit a bit odd that only this app seems to suffer from this and that it doesn't to happen with both earlier and later versions of MacOS. Many thanks for any suggestions tho' not too hopeful! Regards Steve

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Steve,

Apologies but I not entirely sure what the problem is, could you explain exactly what is happening, maybe include a screen shot

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @steveHG thanks for the extra info this should help the vastly experienced team here arrive at solution for you. Your post has been escalated. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

I haven't discounted anything other than TalkTalk, I simply asked for help or advice! Yes, she has tried receiving other (non-TalkTalk) messages and doesn't have the same problem. She accesses via the Apple app (more convenient than the other methods). The problem doesn't happen if using web mail on Chrome but as you know that's a lot clunkier. The problem therefore only seems to happen with the Apple app. I tried Apple support, who suggested my security system may have been filtering out content and pointed me to a separate "load content" option on each message. Basically the suggested choice was either to disable my security (Avast) altogether or have to load the content separately for each message. Bit of a pain I'm sure you would agree! Many thanks. Steve

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi @steveHG has your wife a secondary email account, non talktalk? Would be interesting to see if this issue applies to other non tt accounts.How are you accessing emails? Web app apple app 3rd party app?

What's leads you to discount the issue being with any other than Talktalk? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes