cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email layout changes

bignick581
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10
Will you please stop messing about with the email layout. Since your latest change (today) I can only see 2 or at max 3 emails in the list rather than being able to cast my eye at the page full in my inbox to decide if I need to take any action. Now I have to endlessly scroll to see which of the new emails are important.
If there is a consensus that the layout needs changing, make it opt in rather than obligatory.
Is there any way back to 1 line per email so that multiple emails are visible?
Hacked off
Nick Smith

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

I use Ad Blocker Ultimate and that removes the advertising space at the bottom and side of the display.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

g0whormc
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

agreed. On a laptop the inbox content is not visible. There is a huge advertisement window in the lower part of the screen.

Robert

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Nick

No worries. Yes, All settings is a menu item that when selected opens a modal with the user configurable settings to customise the use of TalkTalk Mail.

I'm pleased that you have made use of the List view reading option.

Message 5 of 10

Hi Gondola, yes, worked a treat thank you.

I'd looked in the 'cogwheel' settings tab but couldn't see anything to change it, having read your message I realise the words All Settings isn't just the name of the tab, but a clickable link itself, allowing the 'show preview' to be unticked.

Thanks

Nick

Message 6 of 10

Hi Danny

Pleased you found the option to show or not show the text preview.

The text preview option was present before today's Mobile UI update from OX.

Personally, I prefer to see the text preview whilst some users just want to see more mail messages in the List view.

Message 7 of 10

Thank Gondola... Couldn't find the "Untick Show text preview"  until I realised needed to

• Select All settings

was driving me mad too!!

Dan the Man...

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi @bignick581 

Untick Show text preview in the Mail settings options.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header (desktop browser)
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Message list
  • Untick Show text preview

• Mobile browser? - select the triple line menu icon first then the cog icon for Settings
  • Select Mail and then the Reading panel
  • Untick Show text preview

Does that help?

The mobile update is from Open Xchange (OX) for all OX customers including TalkTalk Mail.

Mobile User Interface makeover

This release brings a completely new look and feel to your mobile device, including a faster navigation for switching apps, a redesigned mail app, updated compose windows, a new launcher design, and many more. You can now also install TalkTalk Mail on your device like an App. On Android using Chrome, tap the three dots in the top right, and select "Install app". On iOS, tap the share icon at the bottom, and choose "Add to Home Screen" to install.

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

I agree with this post. The change is the antithesis of ergonomic.