cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email not working

JoannePoultney
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

One of the many devices in our house did not get its email client updated to use secure settings. Now all of the devices (even those with secure settings) have stopped being able to access email. (The offending device has now been sorted out)

Please can someone restore access to the IMAP server urgently please

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi JoannePoultney, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to full serivce.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi JoannePoultney 

You'll still have access to the mailbox via webmail and an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support

Select here: Update your profile

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

There's only one opportunity to get IMAP access restored so it's important to identify all mail collection services, email apps and email software that connects to your mailbox via IMAP or POP3 protocols. The offer is here to check your devices for compatibility with secure mail encryption to the required TLS 1.2 standard and to offer device guides.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution