cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email password recovery

MargaretM1
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 12 of 12

Oh my gosh I have the same issue. Forgot my password and can’t get into email, the reset is via my email address. Spoke to someone yesterday, said he was updating the verification email etc and 24 hours later nothing. What can I do??

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Margaret. Just to let you know that we finally got my father's email recovery details updated, so he is able to access his email. I hope you have had the same luck. Best wishes, ClareAnne

Message 2 of 12

Hi Margaret, thanks for confirming the security information. Please provide an alternate email address for the password reset tool. Please add the email address in the private notes of your community profile. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 12

Hi ClareAnne, has your father registered on here and posted yet? As soon as he does I can help him. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 12

Hi Margaret. Many thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that you haven't had any success either. I will stay in touch. If one of us has success then at least we know that a solution is possible. There have been about five attempts over three weeks to update the recovery email and recovery mobile number on my father's email account. Each time we wait 24 hours but it never works. I am waiting for a call on Monday morning from the technical team to update me on progress. 

I have also seen posts in the TalkTalk Community of the same issue over the past few years, but there is never a conclusion on the post. I also saw a post on the Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert website from somebody with the same issue. Again, there was no conclusion. It seems like such a simple thing to resolve, so I am perplexed why it is so complicated. I will keep you updated and would very much appreciate it you could let me know if you have any luck. Best wishes and good luck, ClareAnne

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Margaret

Did you reply to Ady's private message?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi ClareAnne, no further. I went back to the online help who said they’d get me into my emails in a week. I hope you have success, i noted you got further replies to your message

ClareAnne
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Hello Margaret. It's ClareAnne here. I was the lady who originally posted about my father having issues updating the recovery details for his email password. Have you had any luck? I'm still no further on, but was wondering if you have managed to have your details updated. If so, at least I know it is possible. Thank you for your time, best wishes, ClareAnne

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

@Ady-TalkTalk I've moved your post to MargaretM1's topic.

@MargaretM1 Ady has replied and sent you a Personal Message that you'll find by selecting your Avatar top right when signed in to Community and then by selecting the envelope icon.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi MargaretM1, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

MargaretM1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Thank you. I’ve tried twice through the online chat, I just need the recovery details updated as the email is the same one I can’t get into

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

I'll let TalkTalk know that you haven't  set up password recovery options. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread during the week and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.