cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email password recovery

ClareAnne
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

HELP! My elderly father has forgotten his email password. The recovery options are the TalkTalk email account that he is trying to access (so pointless), and an old mobile phone number that has been deactivated.

Over two weeks I have called TalkTalk five times. The team say they are updating the recovery email and recovery mobile number to the new ones I have given them. I am then asked to wait 24 hours (a full working day) to wait for the reset. Each time it has not worked.

I spent four hours on the phone on Wednesday. Each time I explained the issue I was passed to a different team. I spoke to six different teams. The final technical team I spoke to assured me everything would work but it hasn't. I am at a loss what to do next. Please can you advise me.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

ClareAnne
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 11

Hello. Just to confirm that my father's email recovery details have finally been updated, so he can access his email. I have no idea what was done differently on the sixth attempt, but there is hope if anyone has the same issue. Thank you to those that supported. Best wishes, Clare

Message 2 of 11

Hello Gondola. Thank you, you're very helpful. I will help my father set up a profile in the Community. Best wishes,, Clare

Message 3 of 11

Hi Clare

Do you think you could help your dad to register a username on Community as it seems Ady is waiting on that to happen before proceeding. If your dad, with your help, posts here as a reply then Ady can carry on and send a Private Message to his username to comply with Data Protection.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 11

Hi ClareAnne, your father needs to be the one posting and he'll need to use a seperate community login for us to accept the security information as being provided by him. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 11

That's great. Many thanks Gondola. You have a relaxing weekend too. Thank you for all of your help and advice. Best wishes, Clare

Message 6 of 11

Hi Clare

Have a relaxing weekend with your dad. The earliest that Ady is going to reply further is Monday as he's not normally on duty at weekends. Thanks for updating the Community profile. Ady will pick that up in due course.

Message 7 of 11

Hello Ady. My father is here with me and can do the security checks. I have updated the Community Profile as mentioned by Gondola below. Please confirm next steps. Many thanks, Clare

Message 8 of 11

Thank you very much for your help Gondola. I have followed the steps you provided, and hopefully it will help move this issue forward. I very much appreciate your time and support. Best wishes, Clare

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi ClareAnne, I can help with this but I can only help the Account Holder. Your father will need to post on here in order to complete the security checks.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Hi ClareAnne 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify your father as the registered email user and set up his password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so he can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Do you have Power of Attorney or are you a Nominated User for his TalkTalk broadband account?

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm the customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing the setting of a new password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.