cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email stopped working on Android Phone And Tablet

Lindon-p
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi All 

Need help email not working on Phone or Tablet i have checked the setting and have changed them but still unable to send or receive on Androld Phone or Tablet. Web mail is working can any one help, All stopped on the 27th Jan    

lindon prudence
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Lindon-p, I've added you to the list of mailboxes to be restored.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Both of you are posting about your email address so I've merged your latest posts.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

jillprudence
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

hi all email stopped working on the 26th Jan on android phone and tablet,

i have updated the setting as enclosed on here and still not working, web mail is still working.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I've obscured the email address but passed it on to TalkTalk Support via their workflow. Email addresses should not be posted in public. The place for that is in your Community Profile, Personal Information.

Select here: Update your profile

Scroll down the page to Private notes, enter the address and then Save changes.

0 Likes

Lindon-p
Team Player
Private Message
Private Message

Message 5 of 7

the email address is obscured for customer security

lindon prudence
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The limiting to webmail only access would be as a last resort to stop the use of insecure settings.

Other than the phone and tablet are there any other ways the mailbox is viewed? All services and devices connecting to the mailbox must use secure settings. What model phone and tablet? Operating system / email software version?  Some devices are not capable of secure mail so I'll advise on compatibility. Guides given below.

Hopefully you have the email address listed both in your customer MyAccount My Mailboxes and in your Community profile, Personal Information, Private notes. A request to restore full access is made on the basis that secure mail will be used. Note that the devices will not authenticate a connection until TalkTalk Support restore full access.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

0 Likes