email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails being blocked on 2 of my devices - Acer chrome book and Samsung tablet.

Sadie0512
Team Player
Message 23 of 23

Is it a device issue or email issue. I have a talktalk email address and account. 

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Sadie0512, please keep us posted on your progress. Gondola will help you get this sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 23

Clearly something is still not set up as you're getting an indication of the original authentication issue.

Give it 24 hours because the multiple authentication attempts may well have triggered a security lockout preventing you from using the 'Send as' feature of Gmail or using the Gmail app.

TalkTalk Mail's webmail will still be functioning for you so just open an Internet browser and sign in directly to your TalkTalk mailbox.

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

You'll be able to send and receive mail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 23

still not worked!!  I give up!!!

Still blocked with DMARC TT602 when send via gmail and talktalk server.

I am clearly not going it right.

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

You have password recovery set up with a mobile phone number. I'd use that option via the Forgotten password button in the Changing your email password help page.

You need to change the password in the Gmail setup for the 'Send as' function. That must be the TalkTalk email password.

Other than that single change you do not change any Gmail passwords.

Once set up to Send as TalkTalk via the Gmail account and the setup has been verified by following the Gmail instructions you shouldn't be entering a password every time as that password should be saved in the Gmail account. If the password isn't saved there's something wrong with the Gmail setup.

I have a Gmail account set up to Send as one of my TalkTalk addresses. The setup has been verified by Gmail.  All I do is compose an email selecting the From address as my TalkTalk address and send it. It works.

Message 5 of 23

I was typing it in every time.

So I need to change the talktalk password in Talktalk my Account?

Will I need to change the Gmail password to be the same as the talktalk email password?

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

If the password presented to the server is not totally correct, is deemed weak and or not compliant in any respect then the outgoing mail server won't let you send mail. 

So, change the password. I recommend 12 - 15 multi-case letters, numbers and a symbol. 

The last person to have this issue was copy and pasting a password where that process was adding a space at the end. And was seeing the same fail. So that was an incorrect password issue. A fail would also result from a weak or non-compliant password.

Message 7 of 23

The password is good - its a mixture of characters.

What do you suggest?

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Which tells you that the password is either not entered correctly or the outgoing server doesn't like the password because it's not compliant with current requirements.

i.e. not at least 8 multicase letters with at least one number and preferably a symbol.

What's your take on the password strength?

Changing your email password 

Message 9 of 23

Still not worked?  I have done all you suggest but emails still not being sent.

I have deleted and added again the talktalk email address.  Got code verified it and unticked alias.

I have sent an email via gmail address and its blocked.

I have tried to make talktalk address the default and send it via the talktalk server but that gets to the stage where I need to enter the talktalk password and there's an error saying check user name and password but I know the password is correct??

My preference was and is to have the talktalk email address the default so all emails I send to whoever are the talktalk address.

I am pretty sure its user error not very tech savvy but this is real frustrating!!!

Can you suggest anything else I can do?

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi Sadie

I've moved the images to your hidden folder as they were revealing too much personal data.

You're using the 'Send as' function of Gmail and you've shown that the settings are correct for sending as your TalkTalk email address and using the TalkTalk servers.  So the fail is either that the talktalk email password is wrong or you need to get the Gmail verification code sent to your TalkTalk mailbox and enter that code in the Gmail setup.  If you haven't done that bit you'll need to *delete the talktalk email address and add it again in the Send as setup.  It's necessary to get that Gmail verification code.

When fully set up the Send as your talktalk email address will be confirmed as

Not an alias.
Mail is sent through: smtp.talktalk.net
Secured connection on port 587 using TLS

Using the Send as feature in Gmail.

All that's needed is to:

• Go to Settings
  • Select Accounts and Import tab
  • In the Send mail as: section
    *Delete the existing talktalk email address
    Select Add another email address
  • In the pop-up window
    Enter the talktalk.net email address
    Untick treat as an alias
    Select Next step button
  • Enter the talktalk.net password
  • Select Add account button
  • If you get an authentication error (TT300) the Gmail presented password from the 'Send as setup' does not match the TalkTalk email password.
  • If the TalkTalk email password is correct then Gmail will send an email to the
    TalkTalk mailbox that requires the verification code in that received email to be entered in the Gmail setup to verify the use of Gmail to send mail via the talktalk smtp server.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 11 of 23

Looks like I somehow did it but couldnt figure out how to block my email.  I hope this is what you need 😅

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

images obscured for customer security

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Sadie

Select the rectangular picture icon that's in the group of icons above this Reply to Message area and you'll be able to browse your mobile device for the screenshots.

Message 14 of 23

I am sorry but I cannot attach screenshots to this kind of email communication, file type not supported.

I am not getting very far with this.

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

To be able to comment on the best way forward I need to check the screenshots of incoming and outgoing server settings. Just obscure the first part of your email address before uploading.

Message 16 of 23
Thank you for coming back to me. I thought it was something to do with that and the devices. It is a recent problem as I could send emails from both devices until this last week or two!
Do I need to delete the current Gmail App on the chromebook and Samsung tablet?
As the settings on my Samsung tablet are easier to find I have checked the outgoing server settings and they are correct as above? I have done another test email and they are still being blocked.
Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi Sadie

Yes, that explains very clearly what's happening. 552 5.2.0 DMARC Verification Failed (TT602) means you're trying to send from your TalkTalk email address but not using the TalkTalk outgoing SMTP servers.

If you're using the Gmail app to send your TalkTalk mail messages then that app must be set up to reference the TalkTalk mail servers.

The Gmail app usually sets up fairly easily although the manual settings do need checking. The app verifies the incoming and outgoing server settings so you know if the setup for both receiving and sending mail is good.

When starting to Add the email account to the Gmail app:

• You select Other and Enter your email address and NEXT
  • Select Personal (IMAP) account and NEXT
  • Enter the password

Then these are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings for the TalkTalk.net email account. You'll probably need to edit the mail server names to make sure the incoming server is prefixed by mail. and the outgoing server is prefixed by smtp.

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username TalkTalk full email address
Password TalkTalk email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security Type SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security Type STARTTLS
Require sign-in Yes

Let us know if that's good.

If you need additional help then screenshot the settings for the incoming server and the outgoing server and I'll see what needs changing.

Or if you're using the Gmail setup in an Internet browser you'll need to edit the Send as settings. I'll cover that if needed.

Sadie0512
Team Player
Message 18 of 23

If it helps the blocked message is "DMARC Verification Failed (TT602)" when I send emails via Gmail on my Chromebook and tablet even to myself using my talktalk email address.

Sadie Coombes
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 23

Hi Sadie0512, Gondola is fantastic and will help you get to the bottom of this. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 20 of 23

Hi Sadie

I misunderstood your initial report. When I saw that emails were blocked I assumed you were reporting the blocking of incoming mail. But I now see you're saying that it's the sending of mail that's the problem. So, we need to check the mailbox is working on send and receive. 

First, to link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the TalkTalk email address, notes and references etc and then save changes.

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any send error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

What's your email domain? The part of the email address after the @ symbol.