cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not working on pc or iPad

Elaine55
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

How do I ask TalkTalk Support to restore IMAP access please? As others, I ignored the email regarding setting changes thinking it was a scam – my husband uses TalkTalk and has not been asked to change his settings and we both use the same router. For the last couple of days I have been unable to send or receive emails on my PC or on my iPad (other than through TalkTalk Webmail, which is not often convenient). I have tried to update the settings as described in your notes but without success. I am guessing that TalkTalk have blocked my access due to possible insecurities.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

That's all we need to know.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Access fully restored across my pc, iPad and webmail; have my emails back!  Many thanks Ady and Gondola, your help is very much appreciated.

Don't know how to set 'resolved' but my question(s) definitely is.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Elaine55, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full access again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If your husband is using webmail or email client software / email app already set to use secure mail then he can happily continue to use TalkTalk Mail uninterrupted.

TalkTalk are notifying users in batches about checking and updating settings and, as a last resort, removing IMAP mailbox access if devices continue to connect using insecure settings.  So, his mailbox may be in a later batch for notification or he might not need to receive any reminders if secure access is already set up.

If TalkTalk have already removed IMAP access from your mailbox then we'd like to follow up and offer advice to see if your devices are capable of setting up secure mail. Is the PC and iPad the only way you view your emails? No other device like phone, notebook or mail collection service?

What PC is it? What's the Operating System and the Email software version. Same questions for the iPad. The devices will not authenticate a connection until TalkTalk do restore IMAP access. I'll request that for you after helping you to ensure your devices can use secure mail. NB, the Wi-Fi Router or Wi-Fi Hub does not require any settings change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution