cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails to GMX not being delivered and no bouce back message.

rosemary27
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I am a Tiscali.co.uk user and  I communicate regularly with a gmx.com user. Whilst I can still receive incoming emails from him, all my outgoing ones for the last week to his gmx.com account appear to be sent but never arrive.  I don't get any kind of a bouce back message to say that delivery has failed. If I include a second (non GMX) addressee in the message (that same persons secondary email account) they receive the message just fine.

From the GMX users perspective, the emails never appear, are not going into spam and there are no rules filtering them away somewhere else. He has been told by GMX that without a bouce back message or extended header from TalkTalk, GMX can't investigate.

So why are my emails to GMX being blocked?

Why am I not getting bouce back messages on undelivered mail?

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone to resolve this.

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

OK, done - for reference, see topic "Mails sent from Tiscali to GMX not received"

Message 2 of 7

@GlennLRJ,  as above, you will need to return to the message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread. 

Maybe just copy and paste your post, but don't just add to another customer's thread, as it can lead to confusion when trying to reply.

Staff are not on here over the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

GlennLRJ
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

I am experiencing the same problem since at least 5-Aug-24 :

Mails sent from my @Tiscali.co.uk address to my @gmx.co.uk address are not received at the latter.

Mails sent from my @Tiscali.co.uk address to another @gmx.co.uk address are also not received at the latter.

In my gmx account, the tiscali address is not in the Blocklist and IS in the Allowlist. Mails are not sent to junk.
Mails from my @gmail.com address are received OK at gmx, as are mails from many other senders.
Mails sent from @gmx.co.uk to @Tiscali.co.uk are received OK, but subsequent replies to these mails from tiscali to gmx are not received by gmx.  The test messages I've used are simple plain text with no links or attachments.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Marcasaur33, please start a new topic and send me a personal message including sending and receiving addresses so that I can run some 7 day scans. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Marcusaur33
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I'd like to bump this; experiencing the exact same issue.

Emails sent to my GMX address from a Tiscali user (apparently successfully at their end) do not appear at all. I have verified with a test email from my own Tiscali account to my own GMX account - also not received, and no bounceback at the Tiscali end. Spam folders checked in all cases. The reverse (GMX > Tiscali) works fine.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi rosemary27, I'm not seeing anything to cause a problem on our end. Its entirely possible its getting dropped somewhere else along the way. Are you seeing any other mails to other domains not being delivered?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes