cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Excluded email on apps / devices

NickD66
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I appear to have my email excluded/blocked from apps / devices. I am using the recommended server settings. I have not changed server settings since the major security change and update. I have been excluded for 6 days already. Web mail still works. Both MS Laptop and iPhone are excluded.

When the security settings change was made I was excluded for nearly a month. This was massively disruptive and finding help and a solution was very time consuming. Eventually the community experts arranged for me to be put back on "the list".

Please can you help get me reconnected?

Nick

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No its only based on the client's security settings. The VPN should be transparent.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your assistance with this. I'm beyond my technical knowledge now, but...  I am running SurfShark VPN on my laptop and I have a vague recollection that at least one email provider has a problem regarding devices with VPN's on them. Can you give me a technical view on whether this could have any bearing on the issue of my devices being blocked from the TalkTalk email server?

Cheers

Nick

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Nick, I'll get it raised again and investigated as you're sure everything has the right settings.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes