cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Folders in italics

qazzaq
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi there, can anyone please help. I'm setting up a new link between my TT mail and OUtlook. I've followed all the instructions to set the server info (for IMAP) and I have the sync working. But it isn't working completely correctly. I've noticed that the errors (i.e. missing emails) seem to occur between folders which are in italics in my TT Mail folder list. Does anyone know why they are in italics and what I can do to rectify it?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Do you require further guidance or is my reply sufficient for your needs? Always good to know.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @qazzaq 

An IMAP folder will be displayed in italics if the folder has a \Noselect flag. Such a folder can contain child folders but no messages and is not able to be subscribed by an email client like Outlook.

Check for folder subscriptions in Outlook. Make sure the primary folder and any sub folders are subscribed.

This can also happen if the folder is a ghost folder that no longer exists. For this just create the folder again in Outlook and delete it and that will remove the ghost folder.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes