cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Genuine email address used by TalkTalk?

TheOriginalCatwoman
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Apologies if this has been answered previously,

I have received an email yesterday which I have not yet opened as I wanted to check the address is genuine.  

The subject is "We're improving your TalkTalk experience".  When I hovered over TalkTalk sender's name the address is info@consumer.talktalk.co.uk.  However there is no yellow padlock.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

There are so many different devices out there, I don't think it is standard practice any more as some people will be accessing emails directly from webmail but others in apps. It used to be an Outlook thing.

These symbols change. Just since this month, Chrome has stopped showing a secure black padlock on webpages and has changed it to what they call a "tune" image, partly to make people actually check!

https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/google-to-replace-the-padlock-icon-in-chrome-version-117/

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

TheOriginalCatwoman
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thank you Gliwmaeden 2, I wanted to be sure before I open it.  I will read the sticky and the upgrade article.  Not seeing a padlock made me wonder. 

Has the issue of messages not always showing the padlock been addressed with TalkTalk management or the team who sends out customer emails?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Yes, it is fine. Wise to be careful,  especially as the email begins "Hi" but does not show your name to indicate any personalisation. That is a genuine Talktalk address. 

Screenshot_20230928-075635_Email.jpg

See also the sticky about what to look for in a fake imitation ("Keep alert!) at the top of the page, @TheOriginalCatwoman.

An explanation about what should be happening (and how scam versions are being sent out) is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/TalkTalk-Mail-upgrades-planned-over-the-next-3-months/td-p...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.